King Hunt

Guest Sea Jay

Guest Sea Jay

Just a quick question

I was planning on heading out to the bay on saturday with the hope of some king action, i havent been out there for a month or so, so i was wondering if anyone could suggest where they have been recently (if they are still there) i was planing to do a bit of trolling around the heads but not sure if it is the right attack

Is there much around in the bay at the moment??

Any suggestion greatly appriciated

Thanks

Just a quick question

I was planning on heading out to the bay on saturday with the hope of some king action, i havent been out there for a month or so, so i was wondering if anyone could suggest where they have been recently (if they are still there) i was planing to do a bit of trolling around the heads but not sure if it is the right attack

Is there much around in the bay at the moment??

Any suggestion greatly appriciated

Thanks

hey mate,

trolling around the heads could produce a fish or 2

but i think going from most recent reports that mollinaux point might be your best shot,

from what ive herd fresh squid is the goer, i was there last weekend a fellow close by landed a keeper king we seen him back at the ramp he got to big bust offs and landed 1 which looked around 65cms..

all the best hope u tackle a few

cheers steve :1fishing1:

Hi there Sea Jay,

Lately I've tried the heads,Watts Reef and Molineaux,

targeting the Kings,but have had little success.

Im no Kingfish expert as I've only purchased a

boat 12 months ago and am still learning.

However I have managed to land a few while targeting

other species.

The only place in Botany Bay I've landed a few has

been the third runway.Each time has been on 4 or 6kg

line using unweighted peeled prawns,drifted slowly down

a berley trail.Fish have all been 50-65cm with a few

bust offs not uncommon. :05:

I have tried squid and live yakkas there for not a touch,

while the humble old prawn has come up trumps.

Good Luck in your search on Saturday :thumbup:

hey mate, i can tell you right now that yakka's are not doing the trick at the moment, I've been diving lately around molinex point and the green marker on the shipping chanell cloasest to the wall is holding good kings, some up to 4-5 kilo's, you will need the freshest of fresh squid though, cut it unto strips and float them down unweighted as close to the marker as possible. When you hook up, get them off that marker ASAP, that pole is riddled with sluggo's and tackle underwater! Burley with bread, the kings don't eat the bread but come up higher in the water column due to the excitement of the resident mado's that live there, a king however will happily barge any other fish out of the way to get to a delicious fresh squid strip!

Good luck!

PS: allot of the kings i have been taking from there have had hooks in their mouth!

Guest Sea Jay

Thanks fellas for all your comments, i was hoping that the weather forcast may be a bit better, anyway ill see how i go and let you know

Thanks Again