Softs Sluggos Aniseed

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

hi.. i've caught the majority of my jew fish on soft plastics../ my preference for jew are white or mulletish 6inch tsunami's .. i prefer these to storms for price and the rubber seems to outlast storms when dragged up over rock ledges or stored for long periods. sometimes i use darker goldish types at night...i prefer pre rigged plastics and like the quality of the hooks and shape of the lead in both storm and tsunamis.. i can't quite see the value of reusing a squidgy head..and think squidgies aren't v good value for money..

i scent my lures with aniseed to get rid of factory smell... yes unlike ultrabite .. it works .. and when added to a bread berley it doesn't attract shit fish like tuna oil seems to..

my friend recently returned from a trip to the tubes and was raving about sluggos..we're based in byron bay and can't buy them anywhere from coffs to gold coast.. can anyone send me any details so i could maybe order some from manufacturer or freindly tackle store...???????????

hi.. i've caught the majority of my jew fish on soft plastics../ my preference for jew are white or mulletish 6inch tsunami's .. i prefer these to storms for price and the rubber seems to outlast storms when dragged up over rock ledges or stored for long periods. sometimes i use darker goldish types at night...i prefer pre rigged plastics and like the quality of the hooks and shape of the lead in both storm and tsunamis.. i can't quite see the value of reusing a squidgy head..and think squidgies aren't v good value for money..

i scent my lures with aniseed to get rid of factory smell... yes unlike ultrabite .. it works .. and when added to a bread berley it doesn't attract shit fish like tuna oil seems to..

my friend recently returned from a trip to the tubes and was raving about sluggos..we're based in byron bay and can't buy them anywhere from coffs to gold coast.. can anyone send me any details so i could maybe order some from manufacturer or freindly tackle store...???????????

I would very suprised if you cannot get slugo's from Australian Tackel in Coffs Harbour. They are a large mail order supplier. Previously Mo's Tackle.

A slugo is just a large jerk bait usuall rigged on a worm hook.

I prefer a brand made by a US company called Gene Larew. They are impregnated with salt and garlic. They also twist better in the water.

I have catching a lot of Kings on white ones lately.

Guest danielinbyron

I would very suprised if you cannot get slugo's from Australian Tackel in Coffs Harbour. They are a large mail order supplier. Previously Mo's Tackle.

A slugo is just a large jerk bait usuall rigged on a worm hook.

I prefer a brand made by a US company called Gene Larew. They are impregnated with salt and garlic. They also twist better in the water.

I have catching a lot of Kings on white ones lately.

yeah bro surprised i was....i think its a distribution thing...i got a few tackle shops that will match mo catalogue on price and they were struggling as were mos ... they said they'd had a few requests as well... but i haven't checked back for a couple of weeks... ???? so do you add weight before the trace to get some distance .......

white lures ...what can ya say they just work..

yeah bro surprised i was....i think its a distribution thing...i got a few tackle shops that will match mo catalogue on price and they were struggling as were mos ... they said they'd had a few requests as well... but i haven't checked back for a couple of weeks... ???? so do you add weight before the trace to get some distance .......

white lures ...what can ya say they just work..

This realy depends on the fish and the time of day. Most palagic fish are active on the surface early in the morning or late in the afternoon. This is beacuse the angle of the sun is low to the water and light bounces off without penetrating. When the sun comes up higher the fish will drop deeper.

A lot of people think they have gone but in a lot of cases they are just deeper down.

I have been using 6" Jene Larew sluggers in white, 6" sluggo's in green, Atom in black and white. Unwaited early until I do not get any fish following. I then put enough lead to make the lure sink ( not much) and try deeper.

Doing this my son and I got kings, 2 weeks ago up until 10.30am when other guys left at 8am.

Good Luck

Guest danielinbyron

thanx king pin. i been gettin em on rooster poppers its a very exciting way to fish.. i love seeing the wake behind the lure and them shoulder charging each other before they hit.. my flatmate got a 13kg one off the boat.. two weeks ago..thug