Harbour Help Needed

BROWNIE

Good morning all.

I am after a favour. Now that I have my new boat I am going to attempt to go home with a feed from Sydney harbour. I have never had any luck in the harbour before, but I have never really got serious. We are aiming to hit the water at around 5.30-6.00am tomorrow (thursday). Any pointers will be greatly appreciated ie what to target, where and how.

The last couple of times we have motored around to the fish markets to save the embarrasment of going home to the :wife: empty handed.

G'day Brownie,

Depends on where you are putting in and how far you want to travel, The capabilities of your boat and yourself etc.

For a first time out play it safe and stick to the more sheltered waterways and take time to get used to your boat and how it handles and where you put things for easy access and safety.

Last thing you want is to be swamped by a ferry because you have your head burried in a hatch looking for something.

If you really want a feed from the Harbour, ( Dioxin ? What Dioxin ? ), there are plenty of "fishy" places about.

I launch from Roseville Bridge and usually travel through the Spit out to North Head.

Along this route I would suggest trying :

Just off the pontoon for live bait - Yakkas and mullet - ( mid week not too busy )

Entry to Bantry Bay - Bream, Flathead

Sailors Bay - Moorings and marina - bream

North eastern shore near the Spit - tailor, flathead

Balmoral beach - weed beds for Yakkas, squid - sand for flathead

Drift from grotto point accross to HMAS Penquin - Flathead, flounder.

HTH,

Carpe