Beach Fishing & What Rod

riders

Oh gents, I havent been beach fishing in years so I have to buy some new gear.

What rod would you suggest for jews on the beach - alvey style reel

& what rod for bream & whiting & flathead on the beach - alvey style reel

Will also run seamartin reels at the same time on the wife rods so if you have any suggestions there also it would be appericated.

regards

Riders

Oh gents, I havent been beach fishing in years so I have to buy some new gear.

What rod would you suggest for jews on the beach - alvey style reel

& what rod for bream & whiting & flathead on the beach - alvey style reel

Will also run seamartin reels at the same time on the wife rods so if you have any suggestions there also it would be appericated.

regards

Riders

Geez I havent seen a seamartin for years ,I had one about 25 years ago ,weird looking line pick up and oscilation :wacko: Any good rod in the 12 foot length will suffice for jews and tailor in the 8 wrap class MT144 BUTTTERWORTH WAS ALWAYS A FAV medium taper low winch mount for alveys and maybe a four wrap rod around the 10 foot mark for the bream and whiting same taper .I am using a 12 foot Ugly STIK atm with Mitchell 499 roller arm loaded with 15 pound platil

Cheers Swordfisherman

Guest bluecod

If you're only targetting jew, go the 8144 - its heavy duty right enough but will handle most things a beach will throw at you.

For general purpose use I am using a 6144/650C Alvey combo with 15lb Tortue mono - rods been custom built xtra low winch fitting with high set stripping guide and oversize tip guide to handle the occasional swivel pasing through. This rod will easily handle any bream, flathead, whiting, tailor, flathead, sambo and medium jew that comes your way. It will also throw an unweighted pillie and a will handle a sinker up to 3 ounces. Its an excellent GP beach rod.