Botany Bay 25/2

Stillrockn

Launched at woolaware bay about 5:30 with the family and Elena for a leisurely day on the bay with the aim of catching a feed and having a bit of fun.

Day started out very calm, no wind.

Snuck down to spot X while no one was watching and dropped the burley.

Beautiful morning, what a sunrise

post-105-1141017374_thumb.jpg

Fished light for bream and ended up with a mixed bag of flatties to 53cm, bream to 37cm, whiting to 30cm, a couple of flounder, lost a lot of rigs to choppers, EVERYWHERE!!! big pain in the arse...

Here's 2 pics of a few nice bream

post-105-1141017670_thumb.jpg

post-105-1141017692_thumb.jpg

Released a lot of undersizers, kept 2 flatties, 8 nice bream and a flounder for the table. Beautiful feed.

post-105-1141017732_thumb.jpg

Family enjoyed the day and Elena outfished me again.

Called it a day when the wind came up and things got a tad uncomfortable in the howling N/E'r

Got back to the boat ramp and finished things off with a great picnic

All in all a great day on the water with great company, and plenty of action in the water.

Cheers,

Tom

Good to hear from you Tom ,Very nice catch indeed ,looks like Elena outfished you again :05: .I see the veiw was nice at dawn :biggrin2: .I bet that feed of fish you and the family caught went down a treat :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Edited by Guest

Guest bluecod

... no dioxins here :bleh:

Chris,

hate to burst your bubble and I don't want to spoil Stillrockin's dinner, BUT you've gotta be informed about these things:

From the SMH sometime ago

"The federal Department of Environment and Heritage released the first national survey of dioxins in Australian waters in May 2004, as the country signed the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.

The sediment survey was run by Queensland scientists and revealed that samples from Sydney Harbour, the Parramatta River and Botany Bay showed dioxin levels up to 100 times higher than in other Australian cities, and compared poorly with world cities such as Hong Kong and Tokyo."

Chris,

hate to burst your bubble and I don't want to spoil Stillrockin's dinner, BUT you've gotta be informed about these things:

"The federal Department of Environment and Heritage released the first national survey of dioxins in Australian waters in May 2004, as the country signed the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.

The sediment survey was run by Queensland scientists and revealed that samples from Sydney Harbour, the Parramatta River and Botany Bay showed dioxin levels up to 100 times higher than in other Australian cities, and compared poorly with world cities such as Hong Kong and Tokyo."

A QUEENSLAND SCIENTISTS :1yikes: Who would believe what a Queenslander tells ya :ranting2: & especially if it’s about a southern state :1yikes: , probably got there results licking cane toads. :1prop::tease:

Chris,

From what I just learned from channel 9 there is only one lab in this country who test for dioxins in fish :mad3: Everyone who views this site or fishes a alot knows about the dioxin problem I think .If we put that into every catch by every one reported on this site what will be the outcome long term for fishing or this forum in the future ??? Youer feelings on this would be appreciated and maybe a new forum on this would be better .

Cheers Swordfisherman

Guest bluecod

A QUEENSLAND SCIENTISTS :1yikes: Who would believe what a Queenslander tells ya & especially if it’s about a southern state , probably got there results licking cane toads. :tease:

:074::074::074: Yeah, but would you believe a NSW Government Scientist if he told you it was clean :074::074::074: