Bluebottle Invasion

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Just heard from one of the locals , that we have one of the Worst Bluebottle swarms hitting our Beaches that they can remember .

Even some keen anglers out wide this morning fishing the "wreck" were stung verry badly .

And Just when I spooled my new reel , and was Psyching myself up for a long nights Fishing wif the youngfella .............Bugga!!!!!.

Mick

I can vouch for the numbers. Went for a dip yesterday at Bronte, and they were thick. Didnt seem to affect the fish though as there was a flock of birds working just of the beach in the middle of the day. Incidently doesnt seem to bother the penguins either as i saw a couple out there working alongside the gulls and terns

Hi guys,

Same on the Central Coast.

Surfers have been having a bad time.

There's millions of dried out blue bottles washed up on the beaches at the high tide mark.

Still plenty of fish around though.

Pity the weather doesn't settle down a bit, so we can get at 'em.

Regards,

Bob

I also concur.

They were so thick at Maroubra on Saturday night that more than half the time we brought our baits in we'd pick up blueys on the hooks. Couldn't step into the wash to cast either without acquiring a couple of blue leg hitchikers for our troubles.

Stupid onshore wind.

Mondo

Guest Greeko_Fisho

GUYS I HAVE EVEN BEEN TOLD THAT DOWN IN THE SOUTH COAST AREA (MORE SPECIFICALLY THE JERVIS BAY/HUSSKINSON AREA) THERE HAVE BEEN BB'S WASHING UP ON A FEW POPULAR BEACHES (EG. MURRAYS, GREENPATCH, ETC) :1yikes::1yikes:

NOTHING WORSE THEN STROLLING ALONG THE SAND AND STEPPING ON A COUPLE OF DRIED UP BB'S :ranting2:

HOWEVER I WAS SAVED BY A TOP VETERAN FISHO I KNOW WHO HAD A CASE OF CROWNIES FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THIS!! :beersmile:

yea lads

went for a body board this morning at south beach down wollongong and there was

SH++ loads washed up on the beach,

just be cautious there out there in force this season..

cheers steve

Hello,

Just thought I would add my 2 bobs worth.

I try and get a jog in down the beach at Manly after work and have noticed these little guys everywhere, they have been predominate in the last 2 weeks.

My jog turns into a swerving weaving run because there are so many of the suckers on the sand.