Cooks River Report And Queries About Molineaux Point

PULINTUP

Hi all,

First post on this site after reading most of the forums and it is just amazing how updated this site is. Anyways went for a fish yesterday with my mate at Cooks River just under General Holmes Drive. Day started off good having afew big pulls but nothing to show for it. For about the first 2 hours we had pulled up nothing :thumbdown:. For some reason the fish wearnt biting much this week. About the 3rd hour i started to hook on to litle whiteing and snapper and tailor. Caught 5 fish to my mates 0 and all the day was a real disapointment :ranting2:

Went home and tried to look for this notorious Molineaux Point that i have beeen hearing a lot about lately. I managed for my dad to take me ramp, and im goin at 4 till 8 so i have both of the tides on my favor. Just as im in yr9 only started fishing when i was 6 dont go to that many places for fishing :mad3: Anyways i was just wondering where would be a good LANDBASED spot. Also if its not that much to ask what setup eg. sps lures bait and line should i use. Drop me a pm if u know any goods spots for landbased fishing and also if ur goin to be down there today. (dont make plans as my dad is usuaully late or early). I will be wearing shorts a white polo top and a nautica hat. Come down and help me if your there.

Thanks a heap

Jase :1fishing1:

:1welcomeani: to the site Jase,good to see you young blokes getting into fishing and not trouble !! :thumbup: .There are a lot of posts on here about soft plastic setups and for the that fact Botany Bay .If you spend a bit of time researching these pages you will get a heap of ideas and facts that will enhance your fishing expeditions .Good Luck on the water :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

:1welcomeani: to the site Jase,good to see you young blokes getting into fishing and not trouble !! :thumbup: .There are a lot of posts on here about soft plastic setups and for the that fact Botany Bay .If you spend a bit of time researching these pages you will get a heap of ideas and facts that will enhance your fishing expeditions .Good Luck on the water :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

:dito::1welcomeani:

Flattieman.

Guest Greeko_Fisho

:1welcomeani: to the site mate....

The keyword for you is STRUCTURE - ie bridges, pylons, weedy areas, etc. This provides shelter/feeding areas for fish, so identifying these areas is essential to helping you catch.

If you can get to Brighton, head towards south end of grand parade (heading in dolls pt direction), and once you pass signatures restaurant, there will be 2 baths. There are bridges there you can try.

Also try to get over to Kurnell as this side of the bay can be quite productive for catching various species.

Good Luck! :thumbup:

:1welcomeani: to the site mate....

The keyword for you is STRUCTURE - ie bridges, pylons, weedy areas, etc. This provides shelter/feeding areas for fish, so identifying these areas is essential to helping you catch.

If you can get to Brighton, head towards south end of grand parade (heading in dolls pt direction), and once you pass signatures restaurant, there will be 2 baths. There are bridges there you can try.

Also try to get over to Kurnell as this side of the bay can be quite productive for catching various species.

Good Luck! :thumbup:

Funny thing, you being Greek an knowin where brighton is. i can get there easily ; i live in rockdale. r u talkin bout tom uglys bridge??

Cheers Beers