Sydney Beaches

Beach Fisho

Hi Guys,

I've been away for a while and am wondering if there's been any action on Sydneys northern beaches.

A month fishing the beaches of South Australia has made me realise the extent of overfishing in Sydney. The beaches were loaded with stocks, with regular catched of King George whiting, Salmon Trout, Australian Salmon, mullet and the ocassional large sweep.

I'm keen to start up the luderick fishing again now that i am back and will be searhing the ledges for some action.

Anyway, if anyone's had success in the beaches or rocks recently, would appreicate any hotspots :-)

Cheers,

Beach Fisho

post-1795-1142201297_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beach Fisho

Mate I hit the beach almost every weekend, typically Mona Vale, Narrabeen, little Narra, and Avalon am sad to report that there's not a lot of action at the moment (at least for me). Had a good patch around Xmas where there were plenty of sambos, but that's got real quiet now.

Went out early Sunday to Little Narra and all I got was a couple of small PJ sharks. Can't comment on the rocks as I generally fish on my own or with my son, so don't want to take the risk.

Let us know if you find some action!

Cheers,

Neil

Ahh, BTW :1welcomeani: !!

Mate I hit the beach almost every weekend, typically Mona Vale, Narrabeen, little Narra, and Avalon am sad to report that there's not a lot of action at the moment (at least for me). Had a good patch around Xmas where there were plenty of sambos, but that's got real quiet now.

Went out early Sunday to Little Narra and all I got was a couple of small PJ sharks. Can't comment on the rocks as I generally fish on my own or with my son, so don't want to take the risk.

Let us know if you find some action!

Cheers,

Neil

Ahh, BTW :1welcomeani: !!

Those rocks next to the rock/swimming pool, at narrabeen beach look very tempting at times when the water is calmer... i wana give it a go sometime.

Cheers

Davy

Those rocks next to the rock/swimming pool, at narrabeen beach look very tempting at times when the water is calmer... i wana give it a go sometime.

Cheers

Davy

Thanks guys appreciate the quick response.

I figured there wasn't much beach action as i cannot find much mention in forums. It strange, last weekend was my first weekend back, and we had a big sesion off middle head on a mates boat. we managed 2 decent size kingies, 2 bream over 1 KG and a couple of snapper, and a dozen or so 'just under' snapper, looking around that morning, allot of rods were loading up and you'd expect that the beaches may also be seeing similar action.

Check out our catch.

post-1795-1142203983_thumb.jpg

post-1795-1142204016_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beach Fisho

interesting way of cleaning your fish,

what did you get the foot on? :biggrin2:

Yeah, i dunno why i end up doing it that way, i find if i cut from the bum to the mouth, under the gills and diagonally behing the side fins, i can pull the gills, fins and inners out in one go.

Whatever works i guess

The foot i caught along time ago, never been able to shake it. :-)