Bribie Island And Surrounds

Coast_Bloke

The :wife: and kids and I are heading up to Caboolture/Bribie Island for a week as of next monday, then we are going to Tulebudgera (near berleigh heads) for 2 weeks. So I thought I better get some advice on the local fishing in these areas.

I won't be taking the new boat :thumbdown: but will be hopefully hiring a tinny or similar to fish pumice stone passage.

Anyone got any tips, locations for land and water based fishing and some good boat hire joints in Bribie and tulle?

All advice much appreciated.

If you will be fishing Bribie: As you cross the bridge you will see some Hire boats on the left ready to go. This Guy gets there at 6am and finishes up about 5pm. Hire costs $40 for a four hour stint (including juice for the 5hp motor) or $60 for the whole 11 hours (how's that for value). I have hired a boat from this guy and he is a top bloke and also in the know when it come to the fishing. I don't work for him .. but expect a freebie next time I go up there..... :1prop::1prop: As for fishing from the land you will be very hard pushed to do better than Bongaree Jetty or Red Beach which both produce fish on a somewhat regular basis but when you can get a boat for that sort of money I don't know why you would bother????