New To Fly Fishing

sten

Hello all, Been reading over the site and it looks really good, heaps of friendly info.

I have just got a fly rod and reel for my birthday and i was after some info on fly fishing in general. What fly's to use and where some some good area's would be. I live in Townsville and like to camp and travel a bit so i dont mind going out of the area.

Thanks in advance Steven.

Hello all, Been reading over the site and it looks really good, heaps of friendly info.

I have just got a fly rod and reel for my birthday and i was after some info on fly fishing in general. What fly's to use and where some some good area's would be. I live in Townsville and like to camp and travel a bit so i dont mind going out of the area.

Thanks in advance Steven.

if your new to it this place is probally a good place to get some practise in...not everyones idea of fishing but im sure it would be fun :thumbup:click here

• 2 months later...

If you are not sure what flies to use one thing you could consider are those little jig heads for with plastic tails which are typically fished using spinning rigs; they are not difficult to cast with either float or without a float (indicator). They are easy to get and something you are famliar with already and later you can try different techniques.

cheers,

ted