Fishing Jervis Bay

little mullet

Hi Guys + Gals,

Will be heading down with the family for some R+R over the easter break to Callala Beach in Jervis bay.

What can we expect to catch off the beach and are there any esturary spots nearby that we could go landbased off. What are the times, tides, bait etc we should look out for. Also, are there any nipper pumping grounds in the area?

No LBG spots for me this time as the little ones will be tagging along. It would be great to head to the ledges for some kings though. But I promised the :wife:

Thanks for all your help!!!

Havnt fished jervis bay, but have been planning and researching to go there the past 2 years :05:

Heres a map that shud be of some help..

image002003.jpg

Cheers

Davy

Thanks for the Map DAVY,

from the map, it looks as if Callala Beach will produce some salmon. I've been to Jervis bay before but the beach looked quite flat without any gutters or wave action.

I wouldn't have thought that there would be any salmon there. I guess the only way to know would be to have a go.

Has anyone actually fished Callala beach or the other beaches in the bay?

thanks

Little Mullet

Callala Beach was a waste of time for me 6 weeks ago, heaps of weed. Again, it wasn't supposed to be a fishing trip, so I spent a few hrs and headed back home, so I can't really point you to other spots.

Cheers,

Ash

JB is now a marine park with plenty of sancuary zones.

big fines apply and plenty are dished out, ive heard around $600.

By an amazing co-incidence the good bits out of the wind where the dive boats go are mostly protected areas.

Get the info before you hit the water,good luck.