Clifton Gardens 26/03

Davy

Hey all,

Headed down to clifton gardens jetty nice and early for the first time in a while,

just as the sun was rising, the yakkas came out in nice big numbers around the pylons (thanx to the nice bloke next to us that was berleying them up :biggrin2: )

caught a good number of yakkas for livies using bread and prawns, some NICE trevally 1kg+ were lurking around with the yakkas, hooked one for about 5 seconds before busting me off :ranting2:

Our livies got some nice bumps and taps a couple times, but some came back with the head bitten off :05:

Checking whether his bait was still alive or not, my old man hooked onto his first kingy on the retrieve, but busted him on the pylons :thumbdown: He rigged up again while swearing to himself :biggrin2:

We caught a big blue swimmer, which i dont think was hooked, it just wouldnt let go off the bait!

there were a few garfish around as well, which some other fishos caught hoping for a kingy. The Kingies were swimming so bloody close to the wharf!

Just as we were packing up, this bloke hooked onto a nice king on a squid, but unfortunatley busted him off on the pylon..shit happens i guess, but it wouldve been great to see a king being landed.

Better luck next time then..

Cheers

Davy :1fishing1:

Guest johblow

Sounds great man! Very nice down there isnt it?! I can remember being down there one time when the water around the swimming area was BLACK with little pillies or whatever they are. Id hang out there too if i was a fish :-)

Bit late here but on that same day I came to cliftons around 5pm.

There was this guy with 3 rods setup with livey. Guess what he hooked and (thanks to my special netting ability) landed 80cm+ kingy!!

It went for the pilons but this fisho fought hard (almost fell in!!).

On saturday night I was there catching couple of yellowtails for fun, all of a sudden my reel gos ZZZZZZZ. lasted 2 seconds before it busted me (20 pound!)

Mate every time I have been to clifton gardens there have been other people fishing but its a very large wharf so you can pretty much always find some space to fish, and mid week it should be pretty quiet....

Its easily accesible by road...

Not sure of the exact streets you need to take to get there but its off Military road in Mosman...

Have a look on whereis.com.au and you should find some pretty clear directions...

Cheers, Tony.

Edited by Tony Soprano

Little report from yesterday afternoon, got down there around 5, after about 20mins i decide to put a lightly weighted pillie cube straight down, after about 20 seconds im on

....to a steamtrain..this THING runs about 100m non stop on almost full drag :tease: (and for those who know clifton theres a buoy about 50~60m out) and well the monster started swimming back towards me and then decided to go for the buoy and ping :05: ...bloody awsome..its the biggest fish ive ever hooked:)

Any ideas what it could have been? , i could only come to 2 conclusions shark or cobia..

Davy,

Im definately willing to try Clifton Gardens. Is it easily accessible by road?

And for a mid week option does it get crowded ?

great report mate!

Mate every time I have been to clifton gardens there have been other people fishing but its a very large wharf so you can pretty much always find some space to fish, and mid week it should be pretty quiet....

Its easily accesible by road...

Not sure of the exact streets you need to take to get there but its off Military road in Mosman...

Have a look on whereis.com.au and you should find some pretty clear directions...

:dito: What he said...

But yea, i am still very surprised at how much action there was at clifton..even tho it must have its dry days, KingVirgin, if you are going to give it a shot, i suggest u bring down some burley..the guys that were burleying next to us were using bread, tuna oil and some good ol Snappy Tom :biggrin2: which i think attracted all the garfish kings trvally etc. as well as the yakkas of course. along with the odd shovelnose :puke:

Very keen to head down again and chase those massive trevs!

Cheers

dAVY