Rdo Bassin'

Hooky.

G'day Raiders

My boss decided to give us RDO's this year and Monday was one of those days. :yahoo:

I threw the canoe on the roof of the Pathy at around 7.30am and I was on my way to the local waterway.

The fishing was very slow to start with but when I got to a certain spot in the river it was just one after the other.

Biggest went around the 38 mark and everything else was either high twenty's and low to mid 30's.

All fish were fat and looked healthy and fought like there was no tomorrow.

The biggest one even gave the canoe a bit of a tow. :1fishing1:

The water was quite clean and weed free and the temperature would have been no more than 17 degrees I reckon.

Here's some pics for your pleasure. I took about 36 pics all up but just decided to throw these ones up.

All up I must have caught/boated 20+ fish and lost many others at the canoe or during the fight.

No small fish were caught which is a bit of a change for this area. :biggrin2:

post-9-1143493861_thumb.jpg

post-9-1143493892_thumb.jpg

post-9-1143493988_thumb.jpg

post-9-1143494022_thumb.jpg

post-9-1143494055_thumb.jpg

post-9-1143494080_thumb.jpg

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

Edited by Hooky.

Ahhh Hooky my friend that is Awsome stuff mate. :yahoo::yahoo:

Let me guess, Betts-Spin and 2 inch grub????????? :074:

Interesting water temp. Last out the temp for me was 23.5, down from 25 the previous outing. Falling a little but no where near 17. Interesting to see different temperatures although you're probably fishing a long way from where I do I'd guess. Great to see the water quality is good as well.

Congratulations on a fantastic session, some great pics there mate. :yahoo::yahoo:

I was planning to head back to the salt on my next mid week outing but I just can't... the quiet river and surface smashing bass won't let me.... :074::074:

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Thanks for the replies Raiders, it was a great day especially when it's just you and the bass.........and nature of course. :yahoo:

Ahhh Hooky my friend that is Awsome stuff mate.

Let me guess, Betts-Spin and 2 inch grub?????????

Interesting water temp. Last out the temp for me was 23.5, down from 25 the previous outing. Falling a little but no where near 17. Interesting to see different temperatures although you're probably fishing a long way from where I do I'd guess. Great to see the water quality is good as well.

I was planning to head back to the salt on my next mid week outing but I just can't... the quiet river and surface smashing bass won't let me.... :074::074:

Cheers

David.

G'day there Motty

Why go to the salt when the fresh is closer and there's no need to wash salt off all your gear. :biggrin2:

You're right, it was a bett's spin and pooeater that got me all the fish. It works all the time and like I said to Andrew (The Iceman) on the phone last night, why try something else when that's what was catching all the fish.

If I was struggling to catch anything then I would chop and change.

I take enough gear on the canoe with me to keep my options open. Usually my tacklebag with four trays of SP's and HB's plus another two seperate plano trays with enough hardbodies to last a lifetime so the options are always there.

Mind you, I did cast out and not retrieve a Jackall as well. :mad3: Oh well, one down seven to go. :1prop:

As for the water temp: I should have stated that the 17 came from about 2 metres deep in a deeper part of the river. This section doesn't get much sunlight at this time of the year and I guess there are other factors contributing to this temp range but that is the reading I got. Mind you, it is a long way from Penrith.

For the last two weeks when I get out of the cot in the morning and look out the back towards the river there has been a blanket of fog and yesterday morning when I hit the water the fog was still lifting at around 8.30am. A lot of the mornings here at home I have recorded air temps in the range of 10.5 to around the 15 mark.