A New Spot

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Jinxed myself by taking the camera along on a trip to the new fishing spot my neighbour showed me last week.

And although I got one 40cm flattie and and another catfish , the big tide was always going to be a problem.

The ground itself is really a low water ground , Or better fished on the last 2 hours of the run out , as was told to us by a couple of Council workers who arrived at noon to have their lunch , and I agree , because we fished the spot for 4 hours , and the bites came only 1 1/2 hours after the tide changed.

Still , it was good to get out to the river for a change , but I still reckon we should try the spot at least once at night.

A couple of Pics of the spot we are fishing .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

G'day Mick

I think I know where you are catching the catties from. :biggrin2:

Dad went there two weeks ago and caught catties as well. :05:

Nice spot though and good on the authorities for providing the goods. (If it is the same area.)

I bet I know where some of those cats are coming from too.

I used to catch them as a kid in a certain creek behind my auntie/uncles place. :1fishing1:

cheers to ya Mick and good punting :horse:

Hooky

G`day Fellas ,

Sorry Guys , But It was not meant as a teaser , just thinking out aloud .

The Pics of course are of the Manning River , about 10 kilms downstream from Taree.

If you look at the eastern most tip of Dumaresq Island where Paddys creek runs into the north passage , then almost directly opposite is the spot mentioned prior and shown in the pics , and although deep for the manning , it is verry rocky .

In fact anywhere along this particular stretch of water is said to be extremely productive if you put the time in.

Davy * We had worms which could not get a nibble , but as soon as we changed to peeled prawns they were on!.

Hooky , its where the old Milk wharf used to be.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Hooky , its where the old Milk wharf used to be.

Mick

No worries Mick.

Dad's been going down to the picnic area and wharf at the end of Pampoolah Road.

Plenty of catfish down there as well and also heaps of flatties along the stretch near Polsens farm. :1fishing1:

As for your spot, as a kid living in Cundletown, (one of the many houses in the Manning Valley over time) this area and especially the Dumeresq Bridge, used to be the gun jewie spot. Plenty of garfish and deep water. Doubt it's the same now though. :1fishing1: