Stockton - Beach And River

Guest madsmc

Guest madsmc

Headed off early to Stockton this morning for my last weekday fish of the holidays. Hit the beach for a few hours to soak some baits and see how the red weed situation was going. The weed wasn't too bad and I managed a couple of just legal flatties and a 45cm tailor.

The guy next to me managed to hook up a small hammerhead which was interesting as I had never seen one up close before. He didn't have any gloves or pliers, so I did the honours. They're an amazing fish, and feel like a little ball of muscle when handled.

Moved from the beach to the river at around 11am to see if I could tempt a few river fish. The weather was starting to look a bit ominous by that stage so I only stayed for an hour. Two flathead were landed before heading home to watch F1 and the V8 supercars.

Back to the pickle factory next week, and back to weekend only fishing. Can't complain though, I've had some pretty good fishing over the last few weeks, and still have a Sunday session on the cards. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Guest madsmc

good to see someone getting out there.

transition from no work for 8 months to full time 45hrs a week really makes the fishing bug bite harder and man it hurts.

You'll get used to it Chris. After a while I reckon it makes you use the limited fishing time more effectively. It also makes you appreciate annual leave when you can get back out mid week. :biggrin2:

little hammers are a sick fish, too bad it wasnt on ur line

I wasn't that disappointed about not being the one to catch it, it was cool to see one up close and handle it though. I was hoping for a bigger tailor or sambo that would put a bit of a bend in the rod compared to the smaller fish I'd been getting. Might head back up there tomorrow morning and see what's happening.

Shane

:1fishing1: