Middle Harbour & Clifton Gardens, 01-april

ozeash

G'day raiders,

slayer, his mate marco and I set out yesterday arvo to find a few fish. With wind conditions being far from ideal many of our top spots in the hawkesbury would've been too hard too fish and we decided to start off at Roseville, fishing inside the Garigal National Park, about 2kms up the Lyrebird track.

Found some magnificent spots with terrific potential, but struggled to catch a keeper. We caught heaps of bream, about the 20cm mark, but nothing to keep unfortunately.

The day was great fun, especially when marco who's learning to fish, decided to take my crab pot out for a swim. Poor fella, slid in halfway off the rocks attempting to cast the pot out.

Moved onto Clifton Gardens at dusk hoping to chase the kingies. slayer and I got busted off by freight trains when we tossed out unweighted squids in a berley trail. I hooked onto a beautiful occy, but failed to land him :mad3: His head was at least 30cms wide and gave my little bream rod a hell of a workout.

Some irresponsible fishermen close by KEPT a whole heap of snappers, none longer than 20cms. Needless to say, we were powerless to stop the rape and pillage of illegal fish. They also caught a thumper bream, 40cms. Sometimes I wonder if there's any fairness in this world..... :ranting2:

But, all in all, an enjoyable experience, marco and slayer were great company and we're sure going to do this session again.

Cheers guys,

Ash

BTW: Heard that big tailors are lurking at Greenwich. I'm heading out there now, so wish me luck.