Chiswick For Bream

ozeash

G'day fishraiders,

Just returned from an eventful day out at Chiswick with my 5 yr old.

Set out this morning determined to explore some new spots with my 5yr old boy for company. Heard that Greenwich was fishing big tailor and I started there. A few casts out resulted in small snapper and the wind wasn't making things very pleasant as well. So we decided to move on and went to Chiswick.

Great conditions in Chissie, sunny with very light wind. Straight up latched onto a decent flattie and a few casts later landed a great bream. This is when I really appreciated my new combo, on the 2 - 4kg Dropshot this was magic. Fishing with 6lb Fireline, I could get the cast out way yonder and feel every crest and trough on the seabed as well. Great stuff, I just love it.

My son had a bit of a flick with my rod and landed himself a nice Whiting and an undersize bream which we released. Funny feeling guys, a li'l fella who's as enthusiastic as me, I'm so darn proud of him......

Here are some pics, all of my son though, didn't quite find anyone to take a shot of my ugly mug :(

Cheers all,

Ash

My boy with his Whiting

post-1665-1143965832_thumb.jpg

The undersize bream

post-1665-1143965856_thumb.jpg

My bream

post-1665-1143965891_thumb.jpg

The catch

post-1665-1143965916_thumb.jpg

Junior pulling his weight, cleaning the catch

post-1665-1143965940_thumb.jpg

Guest madsmc

Top session there Ash, a great way to christen the new outfit. Good to see the young fella enjoys his fishing as much as you do. :biggrin2:

Were these fish bait or lure caught, and which bait/lure did the damage?

Shane

:1fishing1:

Top session there Ash, a great way to christen the new outfit. Good to see the young fella enjoys his fishing as much as you do. :biggrin2:

Were these fish bait or lure caught, and which bait/lure did the damage?

Shane

:1fishing1:

G'day Shane,

Whiting were caught on peeled prawn and the bream & flattie on pillies. Funnily enough they were caught on the head section (pillie cut in half) with the hook through the eye and out the gut of the pillie. I always thought that the tail section was more productive....

Cheers,

Ash

Well done ozeash! :thumbup:

Now that's how you break in a new fishing outfit. :yahoo:

I was impressed that you & your son caught all those fish by the looks of the pictures, land based. That makes it a really good session.

Sometimes I would spend several hours using lures & a few of the anglers there would use bait & they would clean up with a lot of quality fish using live & dead bait & I all I got was a few hits but no hookups. hehe

So now when I fish, I setup a bait rig while I flick lures around.

I have a dumb question, since I am new to fishing lingo. Are pillies pilchards? hehe :1fishing1:

Edited by Lunker_Hunter