Bottom Bashing Rod?

Guest Big-Banana

Guest Big-Banana

Anyone know the paticular name of those rods which are an overhead but the guides swivel around and goes to a typical threadline rod?

A mate had one for bottom bashing and had his made custom.

Any ideas :wacko:

Guest Big-Banana

Any good to use? Watched a video today and Kaj Bushy was using one.

Any ideas on cost?

You there Allan?

Any good to use? Watched a video today and Kaj Bushy was using one.

Any ideas on cost?

You there Allan?

Excellent to use especially in the medium ranges of 4-15 kg. . I have a few and highly reccomend them for this style of fishing.

more comfortable more responsive less cumbersome etc but the main aim is to minimize rod twist

Rather than go into it in depth again

If ken will permit I did an article at fishnet on them

http://www.fishnet.com.au/default.aspx?id=234&articleId=578

Cost difference to a conventional rod is minimal if at all. The only difference is getting the angles right which can be a bit of a bugger.

A

Guest Big-Banana

Excellent to use especially in the medium ranges of 4-15 kg. . I have a few and highly reccomend them for this style of fishing.

more comfortable more responsive less cumbersome etc but the main aim is to minimize rod twist

Rather than go into it in depth again

If ken will permit I did an article at fishnet on them

http://www.fishnet.com.au/default.aspx?id=234&articleId=578

Cost difference to a conventional rod is minimal if at all. The only difference is getting the angles right which can be a bit of a bugger.

A

Went and did a bit of research and Ian Millers rods which are the only main commerical sprial rods apparently? And said they start at 450 and go up to 900 :1yikes: . But still intrested in getting a light outfit maybe 10kg for some big reefies.

Excellent article, thanks for that. Your into making custom rods, do you think you could write me up a quote? Pm if you wish.