Tuesday Broken Bay

keenandnew

Cant give you any advice about the FADS but dollies are certainly not gone North for Easter yet.Went out to Birchgrove Wreck and Esmeralda( 5-6 miles off Newport) Tuesday and although our intention was to fish for Schnapper after the heavy swells we managed some good sized dollies at both spots.Trolled from Barrenjoey Pt to about 3 miles out and caught what I think was Tuna ( Blue tinge and horizontal stripes).The dollies were caught on slimey mackeral intended for schnapper. Didnt stay long at both places, lost everything as soon as the lines hit the bottom.I think they were massive leatherjackets gobbling the line.So no schnapper dinner.The sea freshened up early in the afternoon and having lost our heavy sinkers to the the guys in leather and drifting very fast we headed to JUNOS and FLINT AND STEEL.Nothing at Junos but my Old Man got what was a massive strike at F&S and after about 10 mins trying to play him one hell of a Jewfish went back home. He isnt a young man but thats going to be one hell of a story he'll be telling at the Golf Club for sometime.

KEENANDNEW

stripe tuna are black on top with 3 or so stripes on the lower side, usually about 65cm and 4 or 5 kilo.

great bait for anything,especially salted.

bonito are smaller, usually 40-60cm, with 10 to 12 stripes going nearly to the top. people reckon they are good bait but i love em too.

Bad luck on the jew there are a few bigguns around at the moment, your time will come.

stripe tuna are black on top with 3 or so stripes on the lower side, usually about 65cm and 4 or 5 kilo.

great bait for anything,especially salted.

bonito are smaller, usually 40-60cm, with 10 to 12 stripes going nearly to the top. people reckon they are good bait but i love em too.

Bad luck on the jew there are a few bigguns around at the moment, your time will come.

Thanx for the advice.

Thats the second time we've had two big hits at F&S. Both times about 20m to the west of the port beacon.I think there is a small peak there as the sounder reads down from 7m to about 14m on a gradual fall off from the beacon to about 20m west and then a sharp rise to a 6m peak over about 2 m and then a sharp fall off again.The old man reckons the jewies lie behind the peak to avoid the tide. At this spot the lines ran different to the surrounding area as the boat swung off and on the peak. Maybe he 's right or possibly hes had too many VB' s

K&N