Reef Ripper Xh

Guest Saqa

post-1888-1145105547_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1145104989_thumb.jpg

Hi raiders

I thought I would share the project I am working on right now. I brought in some TiCH deep pressed guides and matching TiCH machined reel seat and gimbal to build a heavy offshore jig/bait rod for my next trip to the outer reefs in Hervey Bay QLD in August. A customer who is trevelling to Fiji next week came to check them out and now I am using these to build him a 30-80lb jig rod on a graphite blank. He will be using a high speed OH reel and 80lb fireline.

Just finished on the butt section and about to start on the underwraps. The photo doesnt do the handle components justice. Its like taking a photo of stainless steel. The fore grip looks like leather game grip but is actually an extremly durable marine grade shrink material. The grip is soft to touch but wont tear and is not affected by salt, chemicals, UV and moisture. I have shaped the rear grip and used a matching metal trim ring.

The rear grip is is configured to suit the customers fighting and jigging style and to use a black magic belt

Edited by Saqa

wrapping and 1st coat of epoxy is now complete. I will post more pics after the third coat is dry. I have used metalic blue thread in the centre section of the underwap with gold trims

post-1888-1145466987_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1145466926_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1145466899_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1145467014_thumb.jpg

Well its finished. Underwrap, triple overwrap, three coats of finish and photos. I am not very good at taking pics of rods, I would apreciate some tips from raiders. This is a 50-80lb jig rod and lighter then many 10 kg game rods. All components chosen for max durability and lightness. Customer has already picked it up. Love to hear the raiders opinion on this rod. Any heavy offshore jig fans out there

Xfast graphite blank

TiCH (Titanium carbide) guides with deep pressed guide frames

TiCH machined reel seat

TiCH machined gimbal

Fully underbound in size A thread

Triple overbound size D thread

Everything proof synthetic foregrip

My price for this rod is $350 (I also do this in spiral wrap for the same price)

Full size photos will soon be available on www.kingrods.com.au

In the period of this build I also did another blue water rod for the same customer. Its now time to uncross my eyes and take a days rest then start on the next project which is a light beach/estuary 10'6 IM7 2pce to go with a 475 alvey which I call the surf whiting. This will travel to another fishing haven up the coast