Fishing Tan Lines

Little_Flatty

In another life I was a very serious competitive road cyclist and had the famous jersey and knick lines that cyclists are known for.

Now that I have decided to have a (maybe permanent) hiatus from that nonsense I've noticed that we fishermen might not escape being laughed at on the beach! What seems to be happening with me is that one of my arms is starting to get noticeably darker than the other!

I suspect this is because I primarily use baitcasters and thus have one arm turned upwards (rod hand) and one arm turned downwards (reel hand) for much of the day.

Anyone else notice this, or am I just a freak? :1prop:

Guest madsmc

I don't have that problem cause I wear long sleeved shirts to protect my arms from too much sun.

What I do get is the tan outline of my polaroids around my eyes. If I've been out a lot then I can start to look like a bit of a weirdo... :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Guest lbgking

My whole family laughs at my tanlines as the only time I spend in the sun is spent fishing. Sunny lines also make it hard to explain to the boss about the mystery 24hr illness you have just suffered.

Guest Jewel

Racoon eyes and thong Vs on the feet for me are pretty standard.

Just make sure you maintain them and the boss is no wiser...... failing that "I was so crook that I fell asleep on the verandah while convalescing!" :1prop: