Gps Spots For Port Stephens

walrus

I was up there last weekend for the Trailer Boat Tournament. We had shocking weather 25-30knot winds from the west, made launching real interesting water straight over the transom and 4-5 mt seas very lumpy.

We did not manage to weigh in any fish but bagged out all 3 days on Kings out at the lighthouse off Shark Island to the South and off Fingal Head.

You can fish any of the Islands with results but if you are after big fish you have to venture further up to Broughton or around the Gibber thats about half way between Broughton and Seal Rocks. Purchase a copy of Stinker's fishing and Boating Guide it has spots and GPS marks on it cost $5 from the tourist info centre, or ask at the tackle shop across the road from BiLo at Nelson Bay.

Hope this helps

Pete

I forgot to add that Go up to the Coastal Patrol Tower and have a talk with them about the conditions and if you ask nicely they may even let you use their Bino's to have a good look around from their vantage point. the chap I spoke to told me where the locals were catching the Kings

Pete