Flathead Pic At Last.....

wolfgang

Thats one killer Flathead !

Its funny I was out having a fish the other day for flatties and was going to put a 5 inch Jerk shad on. I stopped and said to myself nah thats too big i'll go smaller. Fark me if that thing wouldnt have inhaled a 5 inch shad through its nostril. Great fish.

Thats one killer Flathead !

Its funny I was out having a fish the other day for flatties and was going to put a 5 inch Jerk shad on. I stopped and said to myself nah thats too big i'll go smaller. Fark me if that thing wouldnt have inhaled a 5 inch shad through its nostril. Great fish.

Ha ha it's surprising what those Lizards will gulp down Grant. I've caught some big Lizards while chasing

Jewies on 5 inch shads and it goes to show they'll have a crack at these with gusto if it comes across

their path. They are an awesome ambush predator alright.

Could you let me know what weight this fish was. Taking a guess over 10kg????????

Bloody bloody monster of a female, I have fished at night also around Brisbane Waters for bream

and have had huge monsters like this scoff down 35cm bream when I get them on the surface.

Bloody hell its ugly. Would not want to swim with this thing in the water.

Top catch on light gear.

Hi Female fisho,

I called it for around 7.5kg... but that may have been conservative. The size of her gut blew me away

but than she may have already scoffed down a healthy meal before her capture. My previous best was

a flattie that was just over 5 kilo's (released) and it was pretty freakish in appearance. I have had only once

an occasion where I was just bringing to the surface a flattie of about 35cm only to see a monster come

from the bottom of the hole and charge up and attack the already hooked Flattie.......pretty impressive

stuff :1yikes::1yikes: Judging by the gobs on any lizard over 5 kilo's it's fairly safe to say anything in

the estuary bar jewies, sharks and cod are fair game and on the dining menu.

There have been some good Lizards caught in the Macleay in the last few weeks. Deciding wether to keep

them comes down to a personal choice but a couple of quick pics and the thrill of watching them power

off into the deep I think far outways the trophy in the freezer and besides there are plenty of good eating

size ones out there to be caught. :thumbup::thumbup: