Botany Bay 23/4 - Now With Pics

Sammy0884

Crazedfisherdude and i hit the bay in search of kings, only to be greeted by a crazy day of weather.

Launched at port boatany ramp at very cold 5am with a 10kn westerley, spent almost 1 1/2hr at our bait spot for 4 livies and a keeper jacket before the sweep moved in.

next we spent 3 hours at molineux point with 3 livies out with salmon jumping everywhere but not taking any form of lure, burleyed up a storm for chris to land a 38cm trev for some light gear fun, fish went off the bite (never on to start with) so we went to meet kikila at the 3rd runway, within half an hour, we were met by a howling southerly, back around to mol to get some cover..

Shortly after, the wind dropped to almost nothing and the bay flattened out nicely, time to try again..

back at the livie spot and we had managed to get a stack of yakkas, then while jigging for yakkas, something put a huge bend in my new 4lb rod'n'reel and ran like a freight train! a short fight later, i had landed a 58cm Salmon, on a bait jig! With fresh hopes, we ran around to Molineux point for another crack at a king on some livies, the only take being another 55cm salmon on a yakka to christen my new baitrunner, which performed superbly i might add...then the s/w blower moved in and we called it a day...

saw one king landed in a boat near us at about 7am, but that was about the extent of the action.

pics will follow

Edited by Sammy0884

Guest Sea Jay

How you going sammy was great to sort of meet you, was waiting to see if you caught a sand anchor while fishing for those salmon at the bait grounds, Well your day turned out better than our good to see that you got onto a few fish.

Did you have to bend your pick to get it off when you where right in close there or how did you go about getting it off??

Than bloke on the land must have been close to casting into your boat!!!!!!

Guest Sea Jay

saw one king landed in a boat near us at about 7am, but that was about the extent of the action.

Hey sammy just 1 other quick question

The king that you saw landed where abouts was that and do you know what they where using?????

The days catch

DSCN8139.jpg

Chris in the poly

DSCN8137.jpg

At the ramp

DSCN8136.jpg

The 58cm sambo caught on the 4lb and sabiki bait jig... (special pic for sharky)

DSCN8135.jpg

Calm blue ocean...

DSCN8134.jpg

How you going sammy was great to sort of meet you, was waiting to see if you caught a sand anchor while fishing for those salmon at the bait grounds, Well your day turned out better than our good to see that you got onto a few fish.

Did you have to bend your pick to get it off when you where right in close there or how did you go about getting it off??

Than bloke on the land must have been close to casting into your boat!!!!!!

the king was landed at mol point about 200m north of the starboard channel marker, on squid it looked like

Guest Sea Jay

Cool mate thanks

I see i was able to just sneak into the corner of your photo where you are holding up the rod and the fish!!!!

Great sambo and the coniditions looked great!

This is our catch from sunday night . it was extremly rough and not confortable when the rain came!

We still managed some nice tailor, bream and a travally.

edit: tailor averaged at 1.1kg each cleaned!

post-998-1145870590_thumb.jpg

Edited by domza