Line For 6500b

domza

I will be on the market for some line for a brand new shimano baitrunner 6500b.

could anyone give suggestions as to which line i should be puting on the reel? i will need approx 250metres of line.

the reel will be used for livebaiting, beach and just a big bait reel..

so which line have u got on your baitrunner or which line would you put on it??

-fluorocarbon

-Monofilament

-braid

-super braid

-micro braid

-fireline??

i have no idea, and dont want to spend more then $50.00 on new line (if its possible) so if you could give me brands or material recomendations it would be great.

We run anything from 10kg Mono to 15kg braid on our 6500 baitrunners.

For what you are describing for an all rounder, I would think about putting 10kg - 12kg Penn 10x on it.

If you a tending to fish deeper water with it, then maybe think about going to Braid. We run either Spiderwire Stealth or Power Pro Spectra.

Edited by Heath

If you don't want to spend more than $50, you could get just about any mono' line for that much. If you want braid that's pretty long & cheap, you can get 250m of Sufix Matrix Pro Braid for $50 or go on eBay (but be careful there, lots of knock-offs & factory seconds).

I see you're from Liverpool, the tackle store there just closed down. The Compleat Angler at Auburn (just a lil' pass Fairfield) is a good tackle store close to you that has the Sufix Matrix Pro Braid.

I've tried alot of mono' lines & if you're going to go for mono' you could save yourself time & money & buy Mustad Thor line from ***** cheap. I use the Thor line on one of my spools & it's great. The only other mono' I liked, was the Berkley Trilene Sensation which you get from *****.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman