10 Cent Phone Calls Anywhere In Oz ,anytime

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

If you slip into Dick Smiths , you can buy an "Engin Starter Pack" for $10.00 .

Once Installed , provided you have a broadband connection , you can make untimed phone calls Australia wide for 10¢ , Ring mobiles direct for 27¢ per minute , or Overseas for 3.5 ¢ per minute.

The pack comes with a Starter Disc , and ear phones , but take a tip from me , slip into Big W and buy a set of headphones with mike for , $7.99¢ , and you won`t belive the quality of the call.

You get $4.20 credit , and when that runs out , you simply recharge online with more money.

The setup costs $10.00 Per month , and if you want to , you can buy the phone or the voice box , but you really don`t need it.

When activated , a very cute interface phone pad pops up on the desktop , and you simply dial whoever you want to .

You can use a desktop Mike to speak to them , and you hear them back through your speakers , a bit like Skype , but with this setup , you ring the person direct , and they answer you on their home phone .

Check it out at the link below , or better still , call into Dick Smiths or Tandys , and ask the Guy to elaborate further .

http://www.engin.com.au/public/index.asp

If you are a heavy user of the landline , this little gem will cut you phone bill by 95%.

Mick

This is just Voice over IP. Most broadband providers offer this service on your bb plan for a small extra fee.

I haven't compared pricing on this, but VoIP has its drawbacks such as latency loss.

I think VoIP will be great in a year or so, once the telco's have refined the system.

G`day Fellas ,

I have the disk here but have not installed it yet , but we just rang a buddy in WA from another fellas place , and the clarity of the call was astounding .

I am going to wait until my other Mate installs his , because they advise that 512 is best , and I only have 256 .

28minutes to WA , cost 10¢ , hard to beat that Fellas .

Mick

I heard that the vicebox was about $100 and they had an offer of $100 worth of free calls credited to your account.

With the starter kit do you need the voicebox ?

Regards

:1fishing1:

Did I say Vicebox must be getting close to Spring.Should have said voicebox.

I heard that the vicebox was about $100 and they had an offer of $100 worth of free calls credited to your account.

With the starter kit do you need the voicebox ?

Regards

:1fishing1:

Did I say Vicebox must be getting close to Spring.Should have said voicebox.

G`day Bob ,

No mate , all you need is a desk mike ..

Mick,