Land Based Lure Report

Here's a short land-based lure report. Went out yesterday late arvo to IC and was greeted with glassy waters. 1st cast of my new pseed bm and it got snagged! :1badmood: Thought it would be a sign that bad fishing would follow. Was contemplating to do HB'ing but gave sp'ing another go. 2nd cast of the bloodworm grub and I came up triumphs on my pb flattie: :yahoo:

post-283-1146222265_thumb.jpg

It went 58cm, a pity for her size she didn't pull much line. She took the lure deep and though the 6lb leader was badly frayed, luckily it held. Had a few other breams and flatheads among me and my mate before we called it quits when it got dark.

With the lure poison deep in me and my college mate, I hit the IC again this morning. He had finally managed to score the bread-n-butter species of bream (25cm) and flattie (37cm). Congrats to my mate yet again on his hip-hop smilin jack. While I came up triumphs yet again for my IC-pb of this breambo:

post-283-1146223185_thumb.jpg

It went 39cm taken on a bloodworm bm. :yahoo: Made 3 runs which really gave me heaps of fun. :thumbup: Oh, and I met a fellow raider (yaulpang) as he was biking there. Total of 4 breams and couple of lizards landed with a 28cm bream taken on a SX40.

Cheers.

Well done Crystalliser!

Can't top two PBs in a day.

IC's not a bad place by any length for casting a few little lures. But I don't know if you or anyone else on this site has experienced what i have: I find the bream in IC don't have as much fight in them as the flatties do - could this be because I mainly fish the very shallow (30cm of water) flats and they don't have much water to purchase on?

Good to see the raiders out too. Anyone interested in an IC social before the weather gets too cold? Maybe low tide so we can trudge out on the flats so the 'scenery' doesn't get irate with two dozen fishos waving chemically sharpened jigheads around in the air?:biggrin2:

Just an idea...

Mike

Well done Crystalliser!

Can't top two PBs in a day.

IC's not a bad place by any length for casting a few little lures. But I don't know if you or anyone else on this site has experienced what i have: I find the bream in IC don't have as much fight in them as the flatties do - could this be because I mainly fish the very shallow (30cm of water) flats and they don't have much water to purchase on?

Good to see the raiders out too. Anyone interested in an IC social before the weather gets too cold? Maybe low tide so we can trudge out on the flats so the 'scenery' doesn't get irate with two dozen fishos waving chemically sharpened jigheads around in the air?:biggrin2:

Just an idea...

Mike

30cm of water? I've not really tried the shallow parts of IC. I find that if it's a high tide, I would always give sp the go first. That's how I got my pb bream, it actually took it on the drop. I haven't even turn my handle and the line got straigthened. For HB'ing is different, the "take" is always the "turn-on" feature. :1prop:

The social would be great, gives me more chances to explore different parts of this waterway! :thumbup:

Cheers

post-283-1146450821_thumb.jpg

This is the 28cm bream (SX40) I caught in the same session. It has a big arch on the dorsal and suggested cause would be net-damage. I'm just curious how this net-damage could have happened? Could there be netting activities in IC?

Cheers

Guest crow

Cool report, well done! :thumbup:

Where is IC? I've never heard of the place... :1fishing1:

Glad i read this thread well after you Lunker....hahahahaha