Fishing Bondi

djhazzard

G`day Fellas ,

Hazzard is a supremley apt title for the area you intend to fish DJ.

You don`t say if you are a beginner or have experience at RF`ing , so if you are inexperienced , stay away from Ben Buckler untill you have gained some experience .

Grab a buddy who is an experienced rockfisher and get him to show you the ropes .

If you have the skills to fish the area , then Just about anything can be taken from BB in Season.

One trick I learnt yonks ago , was to hack the crusts of a 1/2 loaf of Bread , and cut into strips 3 to 4 cms long , and as wide and thick as your thumb.

Add a small split shot to a 9LB line about 50 cms away from a 2/0 suicide hook .

There is is a sort of horseshoe bend back from the southern side of BB , and if you flop the line holding the bread into the wash there , most times you will grab som verry nice bream , and the odd big pig.

Tailor ,Salmon, macks, Kingies,bream , trevally,groper, Blackfish , drummer , sweep, and Rock cod are all on the menu as well.

Target your species , and fish safely .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Guest danielinbyron

was going to write a similar reply to mick .. but probably wouldn't have been as conscidered.. i only have to ad that mackenzies beach south next door has some interesting environments worth checking out,,,good luck...oh and high tide frrom rock platforms is highly over rated

Edited by danielinbyron

G`day Fellas ,

Hazzard is a supremley apt title for the area you intend to fish DJ.

You don`t say if you are a beginner or have experience at RF`ing , so if you are inexperienced , stay away from Ben Buckler untill you have gained some experience .

Grab a buddy who is an experienced rockfisher and get him to show you the ropes .

If you have the skills to fish the area , then Just about anything can be taken from BB in Season.

One trick I learnt yonks ago , was to hack the crusts of a 1/2 loaf of Bread , and cut into strips 3 to 4 cms long , and as wide and thick as your thumb.

Add a small split shot to a 9LB line about 50 cms away from a 2/0 suicide hook .

There is is a sort of horseshoe bend back from the southern side of BB , and if you flop the line holding the bread into the wash there , most times you will grab som verry nice bream , and the odd big pig.

Tailor ,Salmon, macks, Kingies,bream , trevally,groper, Blackfish , drummer , sweep, and Rock cod are all on the menu as well.

Target your species , and fish safely .

Mick

Thanks for tip mate,

i'm fairly experienced on the rocks. so dont send out the search party just yet. i wil be down there with a mate. if we get anything i shall post it on here again tonight.

thanks again mick.