Digital Set Top Boxes

The Iceman

The girls in my family have discovered abc2 is screening live netball on a friday night so Ive been told we need a set top box What I need to know is do we need a special antenna for it? or can I just get a box plug it all in and away we go

Guest Saqa

The girls in my family have discovered abc2 is screening live netball on a friday night so Ive been told we need a set top box What I need to know is do we need a special antenna for it? or can I just get a box plug it all in and away we go

Hi mate

You should be ok with your normal antenna. If you have poor signal with analog tv then you will hardley get anything on digital. An easy cheat in this situation is a signal booster amp from a shop with good returns policy like jaycar, dick smith or *****. If it doesnt help the nyou get your money back. If you always get good anlog recaption then you would get great digital as well. Have a think about getting a set-top box with built in hard disc for recording. Topfield is the best brand and costs about $700. The basic set-top unit from dicksmith is under $100 and good performer. It doesnt have hard disc. The samsung is also a great unit. Stay away from the ones in the big red shop as they are crap. Unless you have plenty of money, dont worry about the expensive high defination units. It is much cheaper to get a pc card and then you can achive your recordings to DVD. The topfield set-top boxes are upgradeable and you can export the recordings to your pc

http://www.dba.org.au/

This is the best resource for digital entertainment in AU. checkout the forum, its great. Hope this helps

Oi "Spiceman", "Spicegirl", oops, Iceman :tease: , foxtel digital has ABC2 as well.

Give them the netball and you get the other sports (soccer) and all the fishing shows. :biggrin2::wife:

Edited by Hooky.