Tabs Territory Pro 5mtr Plate

madasacutsnake

Hello Everyone,

Think I have finally found my new boat - only problem is that I don't know anybody who owns one and have heard no feedback- good or bad. The boat will have to be ordered from qld and I guess I will not get to see one in the raw till it arrives.

anyway it's a TABS 5.1m side console, 4mm bottom, 3mm sides with a 115 E-tec. It will be fitted with live well and live bait tank, front casting deck and an electric motor mount.

Tough enough to go outside but great for the estuary where I spend most of my time - they were my thoughts

If anyone has comments I would really appreciate them - good or bad

Guest Saqa

Amazing - I was just reading a review on a Tabs boat about 2 hrs ago. The author seemed very impressed.

Hi Stallo,

I am keen to hear how you go with the purchase. I have only heard positive reports about them, I have never riden or used one. I have seen a few on the water and they always look good and the captain always has a smile on his/her face.... :biggrin2:

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the quote for and what options are you getting?

LW

The TABS are a GREAT boat. Very well built and from my understanding built for the more serious tinnie owner looking for something more custom than the generic brands.

They are more expensive which is why you dont see heaps around i suppose. I very nearly got the same boat actually, but i didnt have the budget. I would definatley look at one next time round.

The TABS are a GREAT boat. Very well built and from my understanding built for the more serious tinnie owner looking for something more custom than the generic brands.

They are more expensive which is why you dont see heaps around i suppose. I very nearly got the same boat actually, but i didnt have the budget. I would definatley look at one next time round.

So what did you get instead?

Hi Stallo,

I am keen to hear how you go with the purchase. I have only heard positive reports about them, I have never riden or used one. I have seen a few on the water and they always look good and the captain always has a smile on his/her face.... :biggrin2:

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the quote for and what options are you getting?

LW

I know a bloke who has a TABS 6m Ocean series with a honda 150 on it. He always has a huge smile! He has taken it up to cape york a couple of times.

Hi Stallo,

LW

I am in the process of getting a new quote. The original one included a 4 stroke 90 hp merc, redco trailer, bim top, hyd steer, travel cover, paint upgrade, basic navman sounder and basic navman gps, safety pack and regos. Came out at $38k

I am now getting a new quote for just the boat on a trailer and then I will get the 115hp E-tec fitted by the local guys here. I am going to see how I go without the bim top for starters and get the cover made locally. I need to find out more about sounders before I purchase. I wasn't overly impressed with the navman gear but some of the Furuno stuff I have looked at looks alright. I may have to ask for some advice here. I am also upping the wheel size on the trailer from 13" to either 14's or 15's depending on the quote as I do plan on doing a few QLD trips in the future. The E-tec is around about $15k

I'll keep you posted on the new quote.

So what did you get instead?

I went an Ally Craft. But not because it is my first choice - far from it in fact thereare a number of boats i prefered but this will do for now. I got this boat based on price and opportunity as it was old 'new' stock and i practically stole it. My boating budget was slashed to the bone when we decided to get a new outdoor deck !! :wacko: went the budget option instead.

Given the choice and budget I would love a TABS built boat based on their qualtiy. Probably get one one day if i can afford it !

I went an Ally Craft. But not because it is my first choice - far from it in fact thereare a number of boats i prefered but this will do for now. I got this boat based on price and opportunity as it was old 'new' stock and i practically stole it. My boating budget was slashed to the bone when we decided to get a new outdoor deck !! :wacko: went the budget option instead.

Given the choice and budget I would love a TABS built boat based on their qualtiy. Probably get one one day if i can afford it !

That was where I started. A friend was selling his Allycraft 2003 centre console, I think it was a 5.3 with a 75 2 stroke merc. He ended up letting it go for $22k before I could get the finances ready :05: I then started going round in circles looking at bass boats and plate outside boats for about 9 months. Luckily enough, it has taken me so long to find the right boat, I have now saved enought to get the TABS.

The :wife: flipped out a bit when she found out the motor is going to cost more than her car is worth. I think she has been working out what sort of car she could upgrade to for that sort of money. This also helped make my decision nice and quick!

It's a bugger when you get blindsided by an outdoor deck eh? :mad3:

Luckily enough, it has taken me so long to find the right boat, I have now saved enought to get the TABS.

It's a bugger when you get blindsided by an outdoor deck eh? :mad3:

Yeah its funny, you wait so long to do anything you have enough cash to go crazy and buy the ducks guts !

And yes the deck was a blindside. I did try fishing of it but its just not the same without any water around ! :1prop:

Actually the Ally has turned out ok now ive optioned it up and should be a good boat to fish from.