Spinning Brighton Beaches

Guest Saqa

Guest Saqa

G'day fishraiders

I am planning to fish brighton le sands area early on sat morning with plastics. Have any of you tried this. How did you go? which parts are better?

The whole beach is good and theres plenty of flattys to be had I work the dropoffs and weed beds I find a slow retrieve works very well especially with Berkly sandworms worked really slow along the bottom.

Guest Saqa

The whole beach is good and theres plenty of flattys to be had I work the dropoffs and weed beds I find a slow retrieve works very well especially with Berkly sandworms worked really slow along the bottom.

What size jigheads would be the go from this beach?

Thanks

Guest Saqa

Overslept and missed the alarm. Got to the beach at 8:30 am. Started at the ramsgate end but no hits. Got one gulp prawn bitten in half. Met a pleasent fellow enjoying his beach fishing (he got a nice silver trev and a nice whiting on tube worms). Gave other areas of the beach a go and got 3 small flathead near Bestic st area. Nothing special. Tried for a bit near the Cooks ramp and got another little flathead (Little_Flatty your crown is in danger). Was very hard work today, gave it up at about 11:00am.

Looks like time to concentrate on sambos and blackfish. Popped in to see the swordies for the first time later in the arvo, they are top folks.