Pittwater Trip 11/5/06

martinc

launch Bayview at 7:00

Check all the usural spots for zero squid and two cuttlefish.

Go to F&S - and wait for tide change - 1 big salmon and 1 taylor.

Move to Pill box to get some yakkas - put out a liveie under a baloon - got smashed 5 mins later, about 15ft from the boat. Spider wire broke at the loop knot attaching the baloon - lesson - dont put loop knots in spider wire.

Troll the front of the Joey - no hits.

Anchor on the Valliant - put down a liveie - pretty slow till it was smashed by a 66cm king.

Head home, checking if any hairtail are hanging of Portugese beach - not there.

Home at 1pm.

launch Bayview at 7:00

Check all the usural spots for zero squid and two cuttlefish.

Go to F&S - and wait for tide change - 1 big salmon and 1 taylor.

Move to Pill box to get some yakkas - put out a liveie under a baloon - got smashed 5 mins later, about 15ft from the boat. Spider wire broke at the loop knot attaching the baloon - lesson - dont put loop knots in spider wire.

Troll the front of the Joey - no hits.

Anchor on the Valliant - put down a liveie - pretty slow till it was smashed by a 66cm king.

Head home, checking if any hairtail are hanging of Portugese beach - not there.

Home at 1pm.

Sounds like a good day out. By the way, where's the Valiant - Is it close enough in to line up with landmarks or do I have to have a GPS to locate? (Don't have GPS at this stage). Any tips would help a poor old tinny owner like me.

has a small yellow mooring buoy on it at present - pretty hard to see till you are on it.

I think it was on about the 20 meter depth line on my old sounder.

I tied up to the buoy - as there was no sign of a dive boat. - or anyone for that matter.

If a Dive boat arrives, you have to move somewhere else, and return after their 45 min dive. They "own" the mooring, and from reports have been pretty fair about its use by fishos.