Shimano Symetre Vs. Stradic

Sammy0884

Hey Raiders,

just wondering if anyone can offer some advice for my next reel, i'm keen to keep it all in the family, i.e. Shimano...

at the moment i have a symetre 2500F on my Raider finesse bream, and i really really like it, smooth drag, smooth mechanics and a nice line wrap, vastly improved casting too... i have a heavy SP outfit that i use 14lb line on, i would like to get myself a symetre 4000, but i was curious as to what people thought of the stradics? has anyone been able to compare the two? they both have 5 bearings, same line capacity etc, but i am curious to know wether the stradic is really worth the extra $100?

Guest Saqa

I feel the symetre is more solid reel being full metal body but the stradic comes with a alu spool. I use both. Prefer the symetre with hardbodies and heavy drags. I keep the drag a 1/3 of line strain on the stradic

Guest Saqa

main use will be heavy jighead plastics, bigger hardbodies and unweighted pillies on the dollies...

In that case stick to the symetre if you cant afford the sustain. forget about the stradic, the side plate is plastic on my one and flexes on heavy loads. You would want to keep the internals in perfect alingment. Go for a reel with full metal body and rotor.