A Real Jew Session

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Regular Readers will Know that we have been awaiting the winter Jews here with some expectation that they would be of a good size.

This week , approximately 20 odd Jews have been taken from Wallabi Point To Manning Point , and there were too many locations to Name any one in Particular , although the further you Got Towards Manning Point , the better the size.

Most of the little buggers were around the 3 kilo mark , and I have to say that this could be a repeat of the 2002 Season where just about anybody who tried , caught a feed.

Some nice bream were also taken from the same areas as well , but some absolutely stonker whiting were taken as well , some on Ganged 4/0 hooks with Tailor strips.

Haven`t heard of anyone landing or loosing a good fish in the last 2 weeks or so , but unfortunately as of tomorrow , I`m going to be out of the Game for a few weeks owing to some medical Proceedures .

But I`ve recharged the Digital Camera Batteries , and will be awaitng the Flashing Headlights in my driveway , and the knock on the door from the youngfella wanting his photo taken as usual .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Regular Readers will Know that we have been awaiting the winter Jews here with some expectation that they would be of a good size.

This week , approximately 20 odd Jews have been taken from Wallabi Point To Manning Point , and there were too many locations to Name any one in Particular , although the further you Got Towards Manning Point , the better the size.

Most of the little buggers were around the 3 kilo mark , and I have to say that this could be a repeat of the 2002 Season where just about anybody who tried , caught a feed.

Some nice bream were also taken from the same areas as well , but some absolutely stonker whiting were taken as well , some on Ganged 4/0 hooks with Tailor strips.

Haven`t heard of anyone landing or loosing a good fish in the last 2 weeks or so , but unfortunately as of tomorrow , I`m going to be out of the Game for a few weeks owing to some medical Proceedures .

But I`ve recharged the Digital Camera Batteries , and will be awaitng the Flashing Headlights in my driveway , and the knock on the door from the youngfella wanting his photo taken as usual .

Mick

yeh me and a mate were on one the mid norths beaches last night trying

he got a nice 13kg jewie and i got a little 15kg wobbie both in the bag for a feed and chew but i was also taken twice by some big sharks too but with only useinf mono had no chance with them fellas might need to do a stockton tip and tack the 24kg game gear next time :1prop:

unfortunately as of tomorrow , I`m going to be out of the Game for a few weeks owing to some medical Proceedures .

Sounds good on the Jew front Mick and hopefully things are even better on "the medical procedures"

Good Luck Mate hope everything is Sweet :thumbup:

except for the beer......which is bitter :biggrin2:

:beersmile::beersmile:

yeh me and a mate were on one the mid norths beaches last night trying

he got a nice 13kg jewie and i got a little 15kg wobbie both in the bag for a feed and chew but i was also taken twice by some big sharks too but with only useinf mono had no chance with them fellas might need to do a stockton tip and tack the 24kg game gear next time :1prop:

G`day Fellas ,

Basser , you might like to load up with good size beach worms mate , and most of the time the Sharks and most other rubish will Pass you by .

And true , those wobbys have been in plague proportions lately , though I have to admit I had never seen one until some 2 months or so ago , cut little buggers , couldn`t eat them though , but I`m told they are delicious.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Basser , you might like to load up with good size beach worms mate , and most of the time the Sharks and most other rubish will Pass you by .

And true , those wobbys have been in plague proportions lately , though I have to admit I had never seen one until some 2 months or so ago , cut little buggers , couldn`t eat them though , but I`m told they are delicious.

Mick

let ya know tomorrow how it tastes as yeh i too was told they are one of the better eating shark and are sure not in short supply up around here

BTW i was accualy winding in the slab bait to check on it and the wobbie hit right in the surf dump

seeing the teeth and where they sit i would hate to have one latch onto me

yeh might need to touch up my worming skills for next time but it was sure a great start and is sure looking like it is going to be a rippa of a jewie session up on the beaches

6:30pm

well i have had the first seating of the wobbie and both me and the missus agree that it is defintly up there with whitting and pearl pearch and we for one wouldn't go out and target them but we woudn't be upset if we got one as by catch from chaseing the jewies again

Edited by Basserman