Botany Bay - Great Day

Guest Sea Jay

Guest Sea Jay

Hit the water about 5.30 with a mate (who hasnt done much fishing) my plan was to hit the livie spot get a few in the tank then let him have some fun on the trevs at moll point and if condition suit head outside for a troll and a B/Bash.

First part of the plan worked a treat got to my livie spot and found that i had it all to myself anchored up pumped the berley and through the un baited bait jig in, instant hook up brought it in, bite size yakka (you beauty) so i gave the rod to my mate and said knock yourself out (he had never caught them before) I know time at all we had 9 in the tank so i decided that was enough and we moved on, every fish brought in was a yakka no mado's or sweep it was awsome.

Headed round to moll point i put my livies out and threw a bit of unweighted pillchard on my 2kg gear gave it to my mate and said float that down and see how you go, after a couple of seconds BANG!!! he boats his first slimy after many more he tried a peeled prawn and floated it down, couple of mintues later he is on again and boats a nice 35cm trev, me still to catch a fish.

The conditions where perfect so i decided that we might try and get to the FAD so we head out and got about 4 Km out the the wind picked up so i canned that plan turned around and came back on the way back i trolled the south head for 1 small bonito, headed in to the third runway where we meet outnumbered (brian) had a bit of a chat and he anchored up near us. Great to meet you mate.

We continued with the same plan as moll i had the livies out and my mate was floatin pillies and prawn he was boating slimy after slimy and then as i bought my livie up off the bottom i saw a king follow it up to the boat i left the livie in the water in the hope that the king would take it but he just turned and returned to the bottom and that was the last we saw of the slimes had 1 livie on the bottom and 1 free swimming but didnt get a touch on either all day, and i didnt see any boats around get any runs either, they where there they just didnt want to play.

Decided to call it a day and headed back to the ramp the conditions where perfect and it was a great day to be on the water.

NOW FOR THE BAD PART OF THE DAY - Got back to the car took my bad out of the boat to put in the car and my phone fell out (on the road next to the ramp infront of the fisheries sign) and i thought nothing of it and i picked it up and put in the bag put the bag in the car and headed home, when i got home i checked my bag and realised that my new camera i just got off my g/f for my 21st wasnt there it must have fallen out to and gone under the car so i didnt see it, So i am offering a $$$$ reward for its safe return its a Canon Cybershot and it's in a black case, dont like my chances but it worth a try cause i am going to be deep in the shit when i tell her.

So unfortunatly all the photos i took for the report are goneeeeee

Guest Sea Jay

GREAT NEWS FELLA (Well for me anyway) JUST FOUND THE CAMERA I WAS ON THE PHONE TO THE G/F JUST AFTER I WROTE THE REPORT AND TOLD HER THAT I LOST THE CAMERA, SHE ASKED ME TO HAVE ANOTHER LOOK AS SHE IS STILL PAYING THE CAMERA OFF SO I WENT THROUGH THE BOAT THE CAR AND ALL MY BOXES CAME TO MY TACKLE BOX HALF OPENED THE LID AS I KNEW IT WAS MY LAST OPTION THEN CLOSED IT HAD A QUITE WORD TOM MYSELF AND SAID 'PLEASE PLEASE BE IN HERE' OPEND THE LID AND SITTING ONTOP WAS THE BLACK CASE WITH THE CAMERA INSIDE

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY :1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop:

Guest madsmc

Good to hear you found the camera Sea Jay.

Looking forward to seeing these pics too. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc