Botany Bay Yesterday

Gibbofisho

We got out there at around 5ish, filled the live bait tank with yakkas and the odd Slimey and set off for Mol point, set our livies down and waited, and continued to wait, untill my mate'd yakka got a bump and pulled up a flattie, that was a first! I fished some strip baits in the berley for one trevally and lost a few more baits to got knows what, but nothing was playing, so we decided to have a bit of a troll and my mate chucked around some flick baits for a decent slamon that gave him some curry on the ream gear but was landed. After that we thought we might as well have a troll out the heads and up to maroubra, i got a hit on a skirt just out of the heads but didn't hook up, then didn't get a touch untill i picked up a bonni just in the deep hole at dead mans, he fumbled it a few times before actually hooking up but had no troubles after that and was well hooked. We then chased a flock of diving birds offshore that were dive bombing the surface for about an hour, whatever they were feeding off were moving incredibly fast, we predicted frigates or macks, there were dolfins galore out there too, they came up to boat to show off and we had them bow riding for ages, very cool! After that we went back into the bay to loose a serious squid in the squiding grounds and we moved over to the hot water outlet, it was crystal clear and the wind had become non existant so it was easy to find, we could see the bottom and we saw a stack of kings and salmon, but couldn't interest them in anything, we had on offer, strip baits of slimey, live slimey, live yakka, flick baits, divers, the lot. Ahh well we decided we'd have a shot at some flatties, in the end we picked up around 6 flatties i think, biggest going 55cm, av size was 40-45 though. We left the water at about 2 oclock so it was a big day in the end and we had to work very hard for our fish. Will post pics if i can get them off my mate.

G/Day Gibbo

It would have been a lovely day out there yesterday; very frustrating when you can see the fish but cant get them to bite. The fish you were chasing out there may have been salmon had them do the same to me last season.

G/Day Gibbo

It would have been a lovely day out there yesterday; very frustrating when you can see the fish but cant get them to bite. The fish you were chasing out there may have been salmon had them do the same to me last season.

mmm... they could have been "Bird-Eye" fish fingers... I usually get the 40 pack...