Fishing The Cooks With Swordfisherman

After having to knock Stewie back a couple of times to go fishing (bloody work) I finally had a day off that suited Stewie and we hit the Cooks river. With a few jews coming in of late I was fired up as I haven’t caught a jew before.

Hit the water at 6.30 and headed off to a spot where Stewie had got jews on Monday. Didn’t get any jews :05: but I came up tight on my first ever blurter on SP.

Stewies got that pic.

With the bite slow we decided to make a move and worked one of the oyster encrusted foreshores. Got a couple of small flatties, a bream and another first for me a chopper tailor on SP.

Got to our next likely looking jewie spot. There were some good showing on the sounder but the jews weren’t out to play. We scored a couple more trevally and Stewie got a nice bream.

We then moved around a bit looking for some more bream to get new another new species on SP. The bites were few and far between but I did manage to get my first bream, only a little fella, under some of the moored boats

Tried a few other places with a few hits but no fish landed so we called it a day and were off the water by 2.30pm.

In the end I think we got about 3 flatties, 5 trevally, 5 or 6 bream and the lone tailor.

I learnt heaps about fishing SP’s and had a great day on the water.

Thanks heaps Stewie for taking me out and teaching me more about the art of fishing SP’s. I had a top day and look forward to doing it again some time soon :thumbup::thumbup:

post-910-1147845241_thumb.jpg

First bream of the day

post-910-1147845559_thumb.jpg

Stewies nice bream

post-910-1147845650_thumb.jpg

My first bream on SP

Edited by TunOFun

Guest madsmc

Sounds like a good day on the water Brett, sure beats working. :biggrin2:

Congrats on getting a couple of new species on SP. :thumbup:

Shane

:1fishing1:

After having to knock Stewie back a couple of times to go fishing (bloody work) I finally had a day off that suited Stewie and we hit the Cooks river. With a few jews coming in of late I was fired up as I haven’t caught a jew before.

Hit the water at 6.30 and headed off to a spot where Stewie had got jews on Monday. Didn’t get any jews :05: but I came up tight on my first ever blurter on SP.

Stewies got that pic.

With the bite slow we decided to make a move and worked one of the oyster encrusted foreshores. Got a couple of small flatties, a bream and another first for me a chopper tailor on SP.

Got to our next likely looking jewie spot. There were some good showing on the sounder but the jews weren’t out to play. We scored a couple more trevally and Stewie got a nice bream.

We then moved around a bit looking for some more bream to get new another new species on SP. The bites were few and far between but I did manage to get my first bream, only a little fella, under some of the moored boats

Tried a few other places with a few hits but no fish landed so we called it a day and were off the water by 2.30pm.

In the end I think we got about 3 flatties, 5 trevally, 5 or 6 bream and the lone tailor.

I learnt heaps about fishing SP’s and had a great day on the water.

Thanks heaps Stewie for taking me out and teaching me more about the art of fishing SP’s. I had a top day and look forward to doing it again some time soon :thumbup::thumbup:

post-910-1147845241_thumb.jpg

First bream of the day

post-910-1147845559_thumb.jpg

Stewies nice bream

post-910-1147845650_thumb.jpg

My first bream on SP

post-256-1147862884_thumb.jpg

post-256-1147862899_thumb.jpg

It was a pleasure having you aboard Brett and nice to see you take up the SP challenge with aplomb :thumbup:

Always nice to get some personal milestones behind you and on to better fish next time :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy