Kr Latest Rods

Guest Saqa

Guest Saqa

Hi all

Here are some items I have been working on recently

Haraka

Bliss for your eyes

post-1888-1147873105_thumb.jpg

The two rods on the bottom are blackfish rods in IM7 graphite. the lowest one is 9'6" and the one above is 10'6"

Prototype for new model Pelagic L Elite Will be avialable in spin or OH. The test rod is spin. Has a 9" split rear grip and the finger notch. This rod is 7' full graphite and suitable for 5-8kg. The blank is rated upto 20lb. I have set the guides up for a 4000 size reel. The guides have solid titanium frames and the seat on the production version will have a real corbon fibre insert

post-1888-1147873430_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1147873533_thumb.jpg

This is the pelagic M. This is also a 7' full graphite rod for 10kg and has a 14" rear grip for distance casting

post-1888-1147873588_thumb.jpg

This is the Livebait 70M and is 7' E-glass rod with a soft tip for lines rangeing from 8-15kg

post-1888-1147873655_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1147873692_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1147873787_thumb.jpg

The rods are avialble for eyeballing and testing. Please contact me for further info

Edited by Saqa

Guest fishrunner

Saqa,

The pics don't do you're rods justice, looking forward to a good testing of the spin pelagic L Elite on the weekend. :thumbup: nothing like holding them in your hand and seeing them up close

Also love the tidy work and finish and the responsivness in the feel, Hopefully if the kings and big bream play the game a good test will be had :thumbup:

cheers

Edited by fishrunner

I have just acquired the black fish rod and it is a pearler ,will be doing some serious testing on it soon with the Big Bronze battlers

Cheers Stewy

Edited by Guest

Guest Saqa

Hey Saqa,

If you don't mind me asking, what blank did you use for the blackfish rods?

Cheers

Tim

They are steelhead blanks. Were you after the model number?

They are steelhead blanks. Were you after the model number?

Yeah, if you don't mind. I'm thinking about building up a luderick rod for boat fishing.

I don't think I've heard of steel head blanks before. A bit of info?

Cheers

Tim

Guest Saqa

Yeah, if you don't mind. I'm thinking about building up a luderick rod for boat fishing.

I don't think I've heard of steel head blanks before. A bit of info?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

Steelhead are ocean run trout. In US they are targeted with with gear similar to our blackfish tackle but much more refined then our glass blanks. The steelhead blanks are slow tapered and the ones I carry are IM7 graphite. Line ratings are from 2kg-4kg to 6kg-12kg and they are avialable in lenghts from 8'3" to 11'6". Not all are suitable for our Blackfish. The 9' one (lowest in the photo, has sliding bands) would be perfect from a boat. this one is rated at 2-4kg. On the only one that I have left I have assembled the butt already. I do have one in stock which is 3-5kg and 11'6". These range of blanks are from Pacific Bay from the tradition and rainforest series. I will be placing an order with Pacific Bay in the weekend so if you are interested in any then let me know. I will be able to give a better price if I get the blank in with the others that I am getting and take advantage of the combined shipping costs. Getting the blank in by itself will combine the full shipping rate with my markup

Model number: RF2SH1081-2 9' 2-4kg one lefft in stock and butt assembled with sliding reel seat bands

RF2SH1382-2 11'6" 3-5kg (This is the one swordie bought) one left in stock

I can also get you any blank from Pacific Composites range. This is a QLD manufacturer of blanks whose range reflects that of Snyder Glass. This mob has the better product compared to other Oz companies

I would still say that when there are blanks available in the quality of the steelhead ones it will be a backward step to go with 20 yr old technology

Model number: RF2SH1081-2 9' 2-4kg one lefft in stock and butt assembled with sliding reel seat bands

RF2SH1382-2 11'6" 3-5kg (This is the one swordie bought) one left in stock

Tim

By the coding They are Pac Bay "Rainforest" blanks

about $60US retail

Edited by allen glover

Guest Saqa

Tim

By the coding They are Pac Bay "Rainforest" blanks

about $60US retail

G'day Allen

I think you may not have read my post properly. In the big paragraph above the model numbers I have stated that they are Pacific Bay Rainforest. You also forgot to convert the US price to AU and add the freight to Australia. There is a reason why imported blanks are not cheap in AU$.

Have a guess as to what my retail price is for the built up rod. One of my aims is to break the monopoly certain people have created in the Oz rodbuilding market. I try to buy bulk direct from the manufacturer and get my bulk discounts. This I pass onto my customers. Did you know that froggleys refused to supply me because my workshop in not on comercial premises. Do you think it bothered me. My response is to increase the awareness of the other major brands in US whcih most Australians are not aware of. If you follow all the current trend in US you will notice the market share Pacific Bay, American Tackle and Batson have there. Today I fished with a guy who tried my Flathead L model built on a Rainforest blank and he really regreted buying his new nitro. This guy knows what he is on about as well. Most blanks in Pacific Bay lineup have recently been upgraded in materials and are a delight to fish with. Wohld you be interested in testing some of my creations? I make my rod with pride and dedication. I will not let a customer walk away with a rod that they are not fully happy about. Thats why all my rods are available for testing before buying.

G'day Allen

I think you may not have read my post properly. In the big paragraph above the model numbers I have stated that they are Pacific Bay Rainforest. You also forgot to convert the US price to AU and add the freight to Australia. There is a reason why imported blanks are not cheap in AU$.

Have a guess as to what my retail price is for the built up rod. One of my aims is to break the monopoly certain people have created in the Oz rodbuilding market. I try to buy bulk direct from the manufacturer and get my bulk discounts. This I pass onto my customers. Did you know that froggleys refused to supply me because my workshop in not on comercial premises. Do you think it bothered me. My response is to increase the awareness of the other major brands in US whcih most Australians are not aware of. If you follow all the current trend in US you will notice the market share Pacific Bay, American Tackle and Batson have there. Today I fished with a guy who tried my Flathead L model built on a Rainforest blank and he really regreted buying his new nitro. This guy knows what he is on about as well. Most blanks in Pacific Bay lineup have recently been upgraded in materials and are a delight to fish with. Wohld you be interested in testing some of my creations? I make my rod with pride and dedication. I will not let a customer walk away with a rod that they are not fully happy about. Thats why all my rods are available for testing before buying.

I'll tell you what, you wont find many rod builders in Australia that provide the same level of customer service as Rohit does, thats awesome!!!!!!!

We definitely need more people like Rohit in this world, keep it up mate and you might teach a few of the other rodbuilders a thing or two :thumbup:

Guest BBM Rick

I'll tell you what, you wont find many rod builders in Australia that provide the same level of customer service as Rohit does, thats awesome!!!!!!!

We definitely need more people like Rohit in this world, keep it up mate and you might teach a few of the other rodbuilders a thing or two :thumbup:

I tell you what Cap, you have hit the nail right on the head, not only could other Rodbuilders learn a thing or two, anybody in sales could! I guess it helps that Rohit is an absolute tackle fanatic!!

I appreciated the time you spent with me Rohit, I think the result will be a pretty unique and innovative design. I cant wait to see what the other Raiders think of it....

Guest hottuna

Nice looking rods there guys and gals.

Your compltely right there, and AG is one of them.....man you lot are delicate :tease:

dan