Hawkesbury 18/5/06

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Managed to get in a few hours on the Hawkesbury this morning. Was hoping to get some squid for the weekend for the big you know whats. Sent down a livie rig and had a few good tugs. Pulled up and hooks were goooone... Hmmm change to JACKET rig. bang bang bang - Jacket after jacket. Some were kept for a feed and the others went free. Also got a good flounder/sole. Jacket, sole and salad for dinner toonight. Not what I intended but a very nice few hours on the water.

PS. On the way back came across a couple who had blown an old merc 150 and gave them a tow home. Bit of a bugger when you take your lady out for the day and the old donk packs up!

Hoping to finally get in a good shot at the big jew tomorrow afternoon.

Will let you know how it goes.

Hi

Hopeing to get out in the boat on the weekend, what area did you get the Jackets. I drifted with the kids across Patonga last weekend but only got a couple of bream and tailor.

Hope you get the big ones.

Cheers Charlie

G'day Charlie

Have a look along the northern moorings at Cottage Point. Use tough, small, long shank hooks.Take spare hooks. Try use squid ( small slivers ) if you can. Have some pliers handy and watch out for the spike on their back - especially if youre taking the kids. I was'nt on the drift.

good luck