Batemens Bay Marine Park Zone Map - Leaked

Gibbofisho

G`day Fellas ,

As I understand it , none of the "leaked" plans , maps , hype , or anything else has been set in concrete .

As I understand it , most of this stuff is Mischevious Kite flying by the combatants .

Lets wait and see what the true proposals are , before we start tearing our hair out.

It beggars belief , that any government would jepoardize the sole asset , that brings employment and wealth to any town/village or hamlet , that survies on Tourism / Fishing camping , etc etc.

I would also assume that any government that did so , would be voted into oblivion at the next election.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Gibbo , I`m told this agreement ( Marine Parks ) was a result Of Bob Carr signing "In Blood" with the Greens if they gave him their preferences in the Last State election , desperate times = desperate measures.

So , there are definately going to be changes mate , no doubt about it , but The Real deal ( as yet to be disclosed ) I would assume is still being considered .

This is why everybody should be attending the Meetings and rallys like the one listed below if the proposed closures relate to you .

Can`t post the pic , sorry .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

No worries mate, i agree with you, i just think that we should be fighting for everyone, i'd like to know that folks from batemens bay would be rallying for sydneysiders when the sanctuary zones are put in place around sydney. I'll attend any rally/meeting possible!

Please sign the below pettitions, print them off and get your work mates, family and buddies to sign them, let the government know that they will be loosing votes if marine parks like the Batemens bay one with its ridiculous zoning draft plans. The government will continue to please the greens as long as they are giving them their preference, and there are to many doo gooders in the world at the moment turning green like its a fashion trend.

This issue should be more important at the moment than who rex hunt plugged or what bream was cuaght on what sp.

Please sign these petitions and get others to do the same.

www.ohhodom.com/petition/?p=bpsmp

www.ohhodom.com/petition/?p=unlock

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

I support Gibbo 100% Act now or it is too late. Draft proposals and all that are out for the Port Stephans to Cape Hawke marine park as well maybe you should fill in one of them if you havent already?

As for waiting before we tear our hair out....we should be tearing out hair out now knowing they want to put marine parks in there and lock us out.

Tell me OWZAT, how the government would not benefit from putting in this Marine Park? There are too many doogooders and greenies in this world, and each time a marine park gets in, the greenies will vote for the government that does so. Greenies far outweigh the voters in these small fishing towns!

DUTCHIE , " this statement "Greenies far outweigh the voters in these small fishing towns", shows just how little you know about small fishing towns as you put it .

The last people who would vote for the Greeniess are just that " Fishing villages " !!!!!!!.

Our little "fishing village" of approximately 4500 people have no love for the greenies mate , just the opposite , in fact I don`t know a single greenie, but there are undoubtly a handfull here.

You may think that every coastal town is a carbon copy of Byron Bay , but I can assure you they are not .

And "The government would not benefit from putting in this Marine Park "" In Its present form"" simply because it will mean Jobs ,Jobs ,Jobs , and lost Jobs , mean lost votes , even in a National Party Stronghold .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

DUTCHIE , " this statement "Greenies far outweigh the voters in these small fishing towns", shows just how little you know about small fishing towns as you put it .

The last people who would vote for the Greeniess are just that " Fishing villages " !!!!!!!.

Our little "fishing village" of approximately 4500 people have no love for the greenies mate , just the opposite , in fact I don`t know a single greenie, but there are undoubtly a handfull here.

You may think that every coastal town is a carbon copy of Byron Bay , but I can assure you they are not .

And "The government would not benefit from putting in this Marine Park "" In Its present form"" simply because it will mean Jobs ,Jobs ,Jobs , and lost Jobs , mean lost votes , even in a National Party Stronghold .

Mick

Yep, It's the same here. The greens never get any vote there are only a handful of them. Some of the flash houses getting built are starting to make the place look more like byron but the mentality of the people is far from it. Most of the people moving into the area are retired fishos that have been coming down here for holidays for years.

They tried to pull something like this in St Georges Basin a few years back and it got knocked on the head real quick. From memory they were going to close the whole area to fishing for a set period and then charge anyone who wanted to fish in there. I think there was to be a daily fee and then pay for the fish you take.

It was something like that but can you imagine the response from all the fishos and people who had retired to the area.

No retirees means no construction and no jobs.

Stallo

G`day Fellas ,

As you can see this public Notice in our local Paper gives the dates to attend the meetings ,we shall attend the one at Tuncurry 2/6/2006.

We ( The Local Recos here ) , began a campagain months ago by writing to the Local members , both federal and state , and warned them that if the closures went ahead in its present state , we would never support the Labor Party again ...ever...!!!!!!!.

We also warned that the present downturn of the States economy would be further seriously and drastically affected if we ( The Baby Boomers ) pulled up STUMPS and moved to Queensland , or simply just became grey Nomads as is 250,000 other retirees .

The replies we have received , although non commital, have been encouraging , but time will tell .

But this BB will not be holding his breath.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Dutchie , these Marine Parks have nothing to do with The Voter , It was a deal stiched up with the greens under the table to get Labor Relected .

If the proposal had gone to a vote in the last election , the Libs would now be in power.

So It was done deal with no voter input whatsoever.

But regardless of who does what and when now , Labor cannot possibly win the next election , so they don`t give a shit.... end of story .

All that remains to be seen now is , just how much this Government is prepared to give away ( In The final draft That is ! ) .

Mick