Botany Bay

Outnumbered

hit the bay about 10:30am and spent a couple of hours hunting jews in cooks river with no luck so i headed for the third runway.

dropped the pick and got a burley trail going in dead flat water and floated out a bonnie strip and a peeled prawn.

while waiting for action i started flicking around a 3 inch bass minnow on my 3 kg outfit and came up tight on my first trev of the day.

my 3kg overhead outfit started to scream just after i de-hooked the trev, this was big! i pushed the drag up past preset max and it just kept going and going and going. it was looking like i was going to be spooled so i cranked the drag up higher then POP! nothing :mad3:

wound in the line and to my disgust it was the knot that let go. :ranting2:

the rest of the day saw one king follow a bass minow without taking it and a dozen trevs being kept all over 30cm with the biggest going 38cm.

the small reds moved in so i moved out and headed home after an action packed session on a great day to be out there.

Shame that no jewies came out to play in the Cooks. Sounds like a nice bit of action at my favourite Runway! :thumbup: Must've been a sickening feeling to wind the line in to see a very curly end to your trace! :thumbdown: Well done, regardless.

Flattieman.

Nice one Brian I have Breamreaper making us up some bassminow jigs for sunday :yahoo: He may even make a 3 hook bass minow jig for us so we can get some tripple hookups. He said what should I bring? and I told him just bring what you normaly bring "The whole tackle store" :biggrin2:

Did I see bass minnows in your posts :yahoo: you are now converted wtg Brian :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

yes mate, i'm almost converted, this padwan has a great jedi master teaching him :1prop:

Nice one Brian I have Breamreaper making us up some bassminow jigs for sunday :yahoo: He may even make a 3 hook bass minow jig for us so we can get some tripple hookups. He said what should I bring? and I told him just bring what you normaly bring "The whole tackle store" :biggrin2:

looking forward to it mate :thumbup:

Must've been a sickening feeling to wind the line in to see a very curly end to your trace! :thumbdown:

Flattieman.

mate i was gutted, i dont mind loseing a big fish to a bust off but when its due to bad knots thats just being lazy. :1badmood:

mate i was gutted, i dont mind loseing a big fish to a bust off but when its due to bad knots thats just being lazy. :1badmood:

Yeah - I'll be making my tags that little bit longer for a little while since hearing that!

Flattieman.

Well done mate on the Trevs,

Iceing(Jew) on the cake would of been doubley good.

Cherry(Kingy) on top would have been even better.

Better luck next time,but you got a good feed though,

gotta be happy with that.

:beersmile: penguin.

Edited by penguin