My Week On The Hawkesbury

brad

Gday Raiders,

Well, me & a couple of mates headed out on the house boat around 9am on tuesday morning & as i promised, i will let you all know how we went.

To start off with, there were no Jews :thumbdown: , which was dissapointing but as we are not familiar with the river, we didnt really know where to go for them. In saying that, the few days we had were awesome & none of us wanted to get off the boat on the friday.

All in all we had a good feed out of what we caught which was 13x flathead, 1x bream, a blue swimmer crab, an octopus, & 2 hammer heads which were released & a whole heap of other little things. One of the flathead was a good size at 70cm, taken on live bait. all of the other flatties were caught on soft plastics & was in the space of about 1 hour. We actually caught about 30 in the hour but only the 12 of them were keepers.

Other than that, there was alot of alcahol consumed :beersmile: & a few sleepless nights as we were pumped up to catch one of the big buggers (jew), which didnt happen :05: , but still a great peaceful few days on the water.

Edited by huntingforjewies

Just being on the water is a bonus and catching fish is a buzz while you are doing it .Sounds like you and your mates had a great time :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Edited by Guest

A day with no fish is still better than a day at work.A week on a house boat with no jews Sorry man UNFORGIVABLE. :ranting2:

Just joking. :thumbup:

No hard feelings, i cant forgive myself either. To tell you the truth i havent chased jewies for long, so i put it down to inexperience. Any tips would be much appreciated