Botany Bay 20/5/06

dazzassj6

sighz.... ok i went to san souci's wharf and started there only one nibble and the other guys next to me only caught undersized breams. Ok so i moved out to mollineux point at 9am not knowing how it is like there. Wen i realised that it was the steepest rock wall i've seen i moved near yara bay.

There i tried the sea weed bed, there was a couple of small fishes, no luck on my gang hook as it kept sticking onto the rocks an seaweed. So moved a bit out, and tried the rocks there, so i threw some burley in, then caught some strange i think unedible fish, caught a small crab on my metal lure, and that was it. I couldnt even cast my bait out cuz there was so many rocks and sea weed. so had to find a little spot, and use a running sinker rig with some burley and prawns >_< ok i wasted 6 hours of my life catching nothing!

heres some photos, someone please tell me if this fish is edible or not and the name of it thankyou

img05276cc.th.jpg

imgp15885er.th.jpg

imgp15911nj.th.jpg

imgp15938wk.th.jpg

post-1958-1149252561_thumb.jpg

Edited by dazzassj6

ok this is scary, i left the wrasse in my esky in the water for a few hours, i just went back to see it, it was dead and its body color turned blue, im scared now... looks toxic. lol i think im tramatized by this.

sighz.... ok i went to san souci's wharf and started there only one nibble and the other guys next to me only caught undersized breams. Ok so i moved out to mollineux point at 9am not knowing how it is like there. Wen i realised that it was the steepest rock wall i've seen i moved near yara bay.

There i tried the sea weed bed, there was a couple of small fishes, no luck on my gang hook as it kept sticking onto the rocks an seaweed. So moved a bit out, and tried the rocks there, so i threw some burley in, then caught some strange i think unedible fish, caught a small crab on my metal lure, and that was it. I couldnt even cast my bait out cuz there was so many rocks and sea weed. so had to find a little spot, and use a running sinker rig with some burley and prawns >_< ok i wasted 6 hours of my life catching nothing!

heres some photos, someone please tell me if this fish is edible or not and the name of it thankyou

img05276cc.th.jpg

imgp15885er.th.jpg

imgp15911nj.th.jpg

imgp15938wk.th.jpg

Yes that is a wrasse, and thet are very good eating, only problem is that they are

too small.

Further I would like to warn you that your images or image software is infected with

marketing viruses

lmao i dunno if i should eat it now, as i didnt kill it wen i got it, it died by itself and changed color, wow i shouldve killed it earlier. I quite dissapointed for keeping this fish.

By the way, wat marketing virus? there is no virus on the photos, even if there was, it was uploaded onto a 3rd party server so it would of removed any of the virus. I just clicked on the link but no pop ups or virus =p

heres a pic of the fish turned blue

img05286od.th.jpg

Edited by dazzassj6

I don't understand why you moved from Molineux Point because of the rockwall......its a popular spot and I hope to go out there for the first time Monday.....is there something I should know?

img05276cc.th.jpg

imgp15885er.th.jpg

imgp15911nj.th.jpg

imgp15938wk.th.jpg

ok Abitfishy, well the thing is i totally recommend you to fish at mollinuex point offshore in a boat, and not inshore, because wen i went there for the first time it almost scared me wen i looked down the cliff that you gotta climb down which is like at 75 degrees, you gotta climb down these big big boulders, and if you slip, then you're dead. Trust me its not worth dying for some fishes. LOL so i moved to near yara bay, where the boulders wasnt as big and it was climbable.

Anywayz even yara bay rockwall fishing was not good enough, as there was too many rocks and weeds, the hooks and lures gets snagged. I almost lost my set of gang hooks =p and a metal lure lol.

hope this helps, but if anyone can explain how they can fish inshore at mollinuex point without climbing down that cliff then please tell me

thankyou

Ahh, that makes sense mate. I thought you were actually in a boat - I understand.

I too went looking on land at that spot some time ago, saw all the rocks and thought its a lot of stuffing around climbing down those rocks to possibly catch a fish. There were plenty of guys there at the time too - and I wondered why you would bother. I'm all for easy access spots.

I intended going by boat on Monday.

Ta

Martin

ok Abitfishy, well the thing is i totally recommend you to fish at mollinuex point offshore in a boat, and not inshore, because wen i went there for the first time it almost scared me wen i looked down the cliff that you gotta climb down which is like at 75 degrees, you gotta climb down these big big boulders, and if you slip, then you're dead. Trust me its not worth dying for some fishes. LOL so i moved to near yara bay, where the boulders wasnt as big and it was climbable.

Anywayz even yara bay rockwall fishing was not good enough, as there was too many rocks and weeds, the hooks and lures gets snagged. I almost lost my set of gang hooks =p and a metal lure lol.

hope this helps, but if anyone can explain how they can fish inshore at mollinuex point without climbing down that cliff then please tell me

thankyou