Botany Bay

Paulie

Hi Everyone,

Got up and into it at 5am today driving to the ramp dreaming of a boat load of fish by Lunch time . No So lucky i'm afraid. Did the runway, the drums, Molineux Point, even went outside (great day for it chop wise) after all that, all 1 got was 1 slimey at the drums and 3 lether jackets all way to small. Came back in around 2:30 with nothing. Bumped into another boatie who said he had the same sort of day.

I did have a really weird thing happen thought, i was outside drifting around with my boat rod out in 50m water with a 60cm wire trace (bolt cutters requied to get through that sucker) and on 4 ocaisions i lost everything on the end of the line, i litrally ran out of wire traces but no apparent bites.

Q: All this happended while i was catching small leather jackets on another rod, what i don't understand is how come i was loosing 60cm wire trace and swivel, were they finding bait up the line and chewing it through.

If anyone catches 4 lether jackets with wire traces in them let me know :wacko:

Hi Everyone,

Got up and into it at 5am today driving to the ramp dreaming of a boat load of fish by Lunch time . No So lucky i'm afraid. Did the runway, the drums, Molineux Point, even went outside (great day for it chop wise) after all that, all 1 got was 1 slimey at the drums and 3 lether jackets all way to small. Came back in around 2:30 with nothing. Bumped into another boatie who said he had the same sort of day.

I did have a really weird thing happen thought, i was outside drifting around with my boat rod out in 50m water with a 60cm wire trace (bolt cutters requied to get through that sucker) and on 4 ocaisions i lost everything on the end of the line, i litrally ran out of wire traces but no apparent bites.

Q: All this happended while i was catching small leather jackets on another rod, what i don't understand is how come i was loosing 60cm wire trace and swivel, were they finding bait up the line and chewing it through.

If anyone catches 4 lether jackets with wire traces in them let me know :wacko:

Opppppps Sorry guys i should have posted this tomorrow night. Look at the bright side if you all catch heaps maybe i just can't fish :tease:

I was on the bay since 2:45AM, and got 3 tailor @50cm before the sun was up and 4 trevaly.

also got a good supply of yakkas and slimys but nothing 'big' wanted to touch them..

beautiful day weather wise, no chop at all, and no big waiting times at the ramp..

also drifting around brighton has slowed down alot, no flatties or whiting..

I was on the bay since 2:45AM, and got 3 tailor @50cm before the sun was up and 4 trevaly.

also got a good supply of yakkas and slimys but nothing 'big' wanted to touch them..

beautiful day weather wise, no chop at all, and no big waiting times at the ramp..

also drifting around brighton has slowed down alot, no flatties or whiting..

A few nice tailor always hit the spot - great fighters!

Flattieman.