Porkeys At Whaley

Ads

After getting some great tips from some of fish raiders i decided to head out to South Whale on sunday arvo to see if i could pull some pigs. It wasnt a really hard choise as it was either go fishing or try and dodge mowing the lawn.

The place was chockers full of the usuall prosesion of weekend bottom bashers so i did my best to distance myself and head further south to hopefull avoid coping a snapper lead in the back of the head.

I found a nice little gutter and started the berley flowing while i sussed the place out for a while.

The bite was fairly slow but once the sun disapeared be hind the cliffs the fish cam on the chew.

Ended up with four pigs all around the1 to 1.5 kg mark and had long range releases (bust offs) on another two that were considerably bigger.

Decided to head for home when a couple of guys inspected my keeper net and decided that they should try and muscle in on my spot even though there were similar looking spots for 300 metres either side of me.

Anyway had a great afternoon and it beat mowing the lawn or any other demestic nastyies the wife could come up with!

Did you take any pics of the rockies mate ,I havent seen one in ages and well done on a nice session :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Did you take any pics of the rockies mate ,I havent seen one in ages and well done on a nice session :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

No sorry i dont have a dig but im working on it

No sorry i dont have a dig but im working on it

Sweet ,what are they like on the plate as I have heard they are not to bad at all ???

Sweet ,what are they like on the plate as I have heard they are not to bad at all ???

Plenty will disagree but i reakon they are right up there with snapper if you bleed them strait away and get them on ice asap.

Beer bater and sweet chillie sauce, doesnt get much better!

Ads

I walked into Cape Bank yesterday morning expecting it to be cloudy and raining. I knew the tide was not good but it is the first time I have been to this spot and low tide often tells you more that full.

Anyway got smashed by some monster fish behind a big bommie at the front. I could not get the big ones up over a low sheft. If the tide was higher I might have stood a chance. Did manage one fish around the same size as the ones you got and had some fun with some sambos and manages a few blackfish.

I am using 25lb line and a butterworth 7144 rod and still did not stand a chance. There are some huge pigs in this area and I will be returning when the conditions come right.

For years I have been using abb gut for bait, but lately I cannot one to take it. Peeled prawns have been giving the best reults.

Cheers

Kingpig.

Ads

I walked into Cape Bank yesterday morning expecting it to be cloudy and raining. I knew the tide was not good but it is the first time I have been to this spot and low tide often tells you more that full.

Anyway got smashed by some monster fish behind a big bommie at the front. I could not get the big ones up over a low sheft. If the tide was higher I might have stood a chance. Did manage one fish around the same size as the ones you got and had some fun with some sambos and manages a few blackfish.

I am using 25lb line and a butterworth 7144 rod and still did not stand a chance. There are some huge pigs in this area and I will be returning when the conditions come right.

For years I have been using abb gut for bait, but lately I cannot one to take it. Peeled prawns have been giving the best reults.

Cheers

Kingpig.

Sounds like you had some fun too!

I got mine on peeled prawns and only 12lb line hence why i didnt stand a chance on the bigger ones.

Where you fishing the bottom or using a float?

Where is cape bank?

I was fishing the bottom but it is rough country and I might use a float next time.

Cape Bank is the northern headland to Botany Bay. It is easy access and as I said the first time I have ever fished it.

To get there you go to La Perouse and tune into a small road that is sign posted for NSW Golf Club. Follow this road as far as you can and then walk along a track south. I takes about 15-20 minutes to walk and I think that this distance restricts the number of people that fish it.

Cheer

Kingpig