Trolling Lures From A Kayak

Rod

Hi All

I have just joined the fishraider crew and was after some advice.Having just bought a kayak to try and regain some fitness to go with my fishing time i have been going ok catching taylor and flathead so far.I was after some advice on what kind of lures i should try trolling that might tempt a school jewie into launching itself at as there are jewies caught in the areas that i go.Any info would b a great help

Hi All

I have just joined the fishraider crew and was after some advice.Having just bought a kayak to try and regain some fitness to go with my fishing time i have been going ok catching taylor and flathead so far.I was after some advice on what kind of lures i should try trolling that might tempt a school jewie into launching itself at as there are jewies caught in the areas that i go.Any info would b a great help

G'day reel em in. :1welcomeani: to the site. BIG bibbed minnows seem to be the best (150mm-odd). Alternatively, chuck some soft plastics or a live bait out.

Hope this helps,

Flattieman.

Thanks for the info flattieman and crazedfisherdude.Will be out there giving them both a go-and if i get one of those elusive buggers ill post a pic with the winning lure-but dont hold ur breath waiting.......

Take a look at a post by Cid, hes a kayak fisher and scored a lovely soapie on a small minnow. I regulary troll small minnows for flathead and bream behind my canoe while getting from place to place, always mange to pick up a couple.

:dito: . Definitely do that.

Flattieman.