Sussex Inlet Comp

stevefish

Hey all

over the weekend the sussex inlet bowling club held their annual comp. the comp is more of a social comp than a hardcore win at all costs deal with restrictions including no duskies over 70cm and only 3 fish per species allowed each day.

the comp has prizes for best estuary, offshore and rock/beach anglers and then for 10 different species such as sand+dusky flathead, bream, snapper, drummer,tailor etc with mystery weight prizes as well as biggest of the species.

unfortunately the weather was not the best, paticularly on the saturday with many not heading out over the bar. doubly unfortunately the fish had shutdown inside and out with less than 40 of the 150 or so entrants weighing anything in on each day.

results from (hazy :beersmile: )memory.

best

snapper by a mile 1.6kg

morwong 1.3

bream 690g

flatty480g

salmon 900g

tailor 1.4kg

leathejacket 1kg (62cm)

cant remember the others :1prop:

as you can see not the best fishing but a good social event and new friends made.

oh yeah, i didnt catch a snapper on sps, just sarges and rock cod plus a couple of flatties on bait.

Edited by stevefish

Isit hard to get accomadation down there?

:beersmile: Stallo

i stayed and fished with my uncle, there was mostly locals as well as small groups from 3 or 4 pub fishing clubs.

i reckon sussex in may could accomodate plenty more.