Hawkesbury 04/06/06

inhlanzi

Tired of having cabin fever so got out early this morning and headed down to near the Lion Is.

1st cast with a ganged pilli a fat f^&*$& red rock fish, 2nd cast a 46cm soapie, 3rd cast moray eel.

Caught some livies and put them out as the tide slowed for some big jews.

Waited for an hour or two, then lost all three livies in the matter of 5 mins to a decent size shark. Strong fierce hits that were breaking 80lb leader as if it were 2lb mono. Took the two on the top then headed for the one on the bottom. Wondered if it could be a smallish mako as it didn't muck about. Hit ...run...gone in under a few seconds.

I had to be back home by 11h45 so called dit quits and buggered off home.

It was very windy and thus very chilly.

Still fantastic to be out on the water.

Cheers

inhlanzi

Hey Flattieman

Yup your'e right ...there are two nice fillets waiting to be grilled for dinner tonight.

If I had more time I would have rigged up some wire traces just to see what it was. Normally the small whalers and hammerheads don't cut you off that quick or that hard.

cheers

inhlanzi

Hey Flattieman

Yup your'e right ...there are two nice fillets waiting to be grilled for dinner tonight.

If I had more time I would have rigged up some wire traces just to see what it was. Normally the small whalers and hammerheads don't cut you off that quick or that hard.

cheers

inhlanzi

I was going to say the same myself. Would've been a hoot! :1yikes: Well done for braving the conditions.

Flattieman.

G'day Ross

I certainly will enjoy dinner tonight. I will be adding a slab of hairtail as well. Got to make sure the :wife: gets a good feed!

It sure was cold out there today. I tried a new pair of dungarees. The blokes who work in cold rooms and freezers use them. They were fanastic. They have zips down the sides so you can get them over the boots no worries. Just had a pair of shorts on under. Happy to take on the hairies at night now.

I also made sure my hands stayed warm. I use a pair of those neoprene flyfishing gloves. They help keep the wind chill down to a minimum on the way out there and on the way back. My boat is a centre console (no cubby at all ) so my mate who came with today was so cold he struggled to pull the pick rope when we went home.

I enjoyed the lack of normal weekend activity on the water as well.

I thought the weather would be a worse that it was. Some big spashes against the Lion Is though!

cheers

inhlanzi