Hawkesbury 06/06/06

inhlanzi

Hey Domza

Got them at around 11 this morning. Trying to catch a big jewie and had 3rd rod out to keep me busy.

There was quite a bit of rain about and it was pretty grey. The tide was also quite high.

Slight tap tap and then off like a train.

Because I sit in one place for a long time they will come by sooner or later I reckon.

cheers

inhlanzi

maybe in some angler's dreams as welll. thats a hectic jaw line, looks so powerful.

And it looks it has some battle scars on the side of its head or something, just adds to the toughness look of the fish.

Guest maraudingmado

I gather from reading both topics posted that they were caught in the Hawkesbury and NOT Cowan Creek.

Great catch and I dips me lid on going out fishing in that balmy weather. :thumbup:

Edited by maraudingmado

Thanks for all the good words Raiders.

I find it really great to share my experiences with people who are as nuts about fishing as I am.

I cooked up some slabs of Hairtail last night for the family and they all loved it...even the kids.

It has a unique kind of deep sea taste. The meat is white and quit firm. They are very easy to clean and cook.

Just to answer a few of your questions

domza - Like one of the wise fishos on this site said to me. You just got to put in the hours mate. They are there and you will get them.

maraudingmado - Yes caught in the Hawkesbury, in sight Lion Island.

gibbofisho and kantong - I reckon there are a lot of terrified yakka in the system at the moment!! Those front four fangs have barbs on them too.

huntingforjewies - You have to be well prepared to bring the beasts on board. If you are fishing with a mate or two you should have some kind of plan in place ie who does what and when. They can rear up like a snake and they are snapping away as they do so. You need to get a firm grip on them behind the head and then they are pretty easy to deal with.

wayneo - Yea great bonus. When the first one took I thought I had had stuffed it getting the big jew on the smallest rod. Heart started to race a bit. I have got two more tides to go on that hole to work it out I hope!

cheers

inhlanzi