Beach Fish.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

Here's a rundown of what I got up to last new moon. Big thanks to my :wife: for the time off!

THURS; Squidding. Got three with the 2 biggest being 800gms each!

FRI; Beer & football!

SAT; On a beach on the central coast looking for Jew. My mate missed a good run while on the phone 40mins before the top of the tide. 1.5hrs after the top I lock into a decent fish & the hooks pull after 5 mins :05: No fish but they are there.

SUN; Squidding again. Come home with another 3.

MON; Armed with fresh squid hit the beach again. A couple of other mates are already there. They get a nice Tailor which was used as bait. Missed a good run just before we got there. 20 mins before the top of the tide I pull into a fish which I pulled backwards & onto the beach in no time. Not as big as I was hoping for but @ 92cms & 8kgs was o.k. Had 1 more good run but pulled into thin air & ended up on my arse :074:

WEDS; Managed to turn Swordy to the dark side ( bait fishing ) for the night & had a hoot. We could smell the Jews when we got there. Stewys lets rip with his first cast, sets the rod in the holder & says "I'll get us a coffee" As he said it zzzzzzzzz he's away. It would've been in the water about 90 secs! The fish stuffed around as a big Jew does, wait,wait & finally motors off. Stewy strikes but the fish must have dropped the bait at the same time & he pulls into nothing. Grrrrrrr. I get a run 30mins later but the fish doesn't go on with it, bugger. Stewy then catches his obligitory catfish. I've fished there heaps & never seen 1! Like clockwork 1.5hrs after the tide Stewy gets a howling run but the fish drops it just as he gets to the rod. Bugger again. They were Jews for sure & good ones. The baits came in hardly marked.

So no fish for us but a top night anyway. Hope you enjoyed it Stewy.

So a story of missed opportunities. 7/8 runs for only the 1 fish. Had fun anyway.

Hoping this rain stirs them up so we can have another crack soon.

Cheers, Grant.

Hi Grant,I have never targeted Jews from the beach and it was a real eye opener for me

From the way you rigged up the baits to that fabulous knot you showed me for shock leaders :thumbup:

I couldnt believe I got HIT on the very first cast

I did enjoy that night very much and hope we can do it again soon as the challenge from the beach on the elephant gun rods would have been something to behold .I was testing my brand new 10 foot Jew rod made for me by Rohit and using an abu 7000 c with 15 kg braid (come here gear ) The rod cast the large baits and sinkers effortlessly and I am extremely happy with it :yahoo:

All I need to do now is get a hook into one of em to see how much pressure I can exert on 15 kg braid and go water skiing :1yikes:

Thanks for all the lessons and I dont think it will be long before I indeed get one of those LARGER JEWS

The night went so damm quickly ,nearly as fast as your two 10/o hooks down that big sharks throat :074:

I will not mention the catfish which followed me again ,but it would have been a PB for sure :mad3:

Cheers Stewy

Wow! :1yikes: Sounds great! Congrats on the PB catfish, Stewy. NICE JEWIE!!!

Flattieman.

I slept a bit on the way home then had another 45 minute drive myself ,I am glad Grant isnt blind like me or we would have just had to throw a line in with out sinkers ,hooks or bait :074:

Cheers Stewy

:Funny-Post::074: . I'm glad too. I've never heard of a jewie eating an unbaited hook, let alone line!

Flattieman.

I slept a bit on the way home then had another 45 minute drive myself ,I am glad Grant isnt blind like me or we would have just had to throw a line in with out sinkers ,hooks or bait :074:

Cheers Stewy

:Funny-Post:

Great report mate.....and top effort.. :biggrin2:

I haven't managed a decent Jew bash off the sand here on the Nthn Beaches all year due to new bubs settling in..

I'll be hitting Narra tomorrow morning to see if any sambo's are around... :thumbup:

Cheers,

Spizza.